Chapter 7

Tomo spent almost the entire morning teaching Yusuke about different things down here. The feeling of wonder was something new to him. He had always figured that there was nothing new to be seen, that he would always be alone and no one would come to accept him.

But curiously, Yusuke did. He was like this new and amazing thing he had just discovered. And new things to him had to be explored completely, not missing an inch until every single inch was conquered and belonged to him. Such was his own personal and selfish nature.

So even after settling into Yusuke's home after a long trip back up the elevator shaft, and having spent the entire day with the smaller human, it was still impossible for him to be away. Yusuke was something he knew he could never give up. And the time came for him and Yusuke to 'bond together' again because he was getting attatched.

There were still other important things that needed to be done. They had to go to this ridiculous banquet tomorrow morning to make sure they fit good enough to continue being together. Which was, well, ridiculous. Yusuke was perfect for him, just like he knew Yusuke would say the same about him.

But who was he to question it really...

They had an entire day to spend together, all alone, and he wanted to make the best of it. He took a better look around the living space where Yusuke's furniture was and saw those three cats from before. They were all crowded around their owner on the couch and meowing at him with worried voices. Awkwardly Tomo stood behind him as he tried to pacify the worried animals.

"They really seem worried about you," he says offhandedly as they finally wander away and leave them alone. "Even if they are not human."

Yusuke shrugged and stood up from his seat to stare out of the window, back out to the city that he looked at his enire life, but... He was still used to seeing 'grass' and 'wild' animals, and also seeing nothing but open blue sky towards the mountains. The view of tall and obstructive towers made him feel funny. Like he didn't belong here anymore after being away for only a single night.

"They are my guardians after all. The standard is one, but I could not bring myself to tear their family apart so I took all three of them."

"Guardians?" Tomo asked, confused.

"Yeah. You see Tomo, up here, once a person is old enough to live on their own, they may choose to have a cat guardian watch over them and make sure they know what they are doing. Without them I would have been all alone not knowing what to do. But after a while I'll know what to do on my own and... I will lose my ability to understand them and that time is probably soon."

Tomo can very clearly see pain in his eyes. These little tiny animals really meant a great deal to him.

"Don't worry," he says and pulls Yusuke towards him for another hug and sets his chin on top of his head. "Even if the day comes and you can't hear their words, at least they will still be with you right? And I am here too. I always will be here, for you."

For now that was good enough for Yusuke. Because even though Tomo couldn't see his face due to their hugging, he was smiling to himself.

"Thank you for finding me Tomo," he murmured and snuggles closer. "I don't know what I would do without you."

His deep throaty laugh was comforting and made Yusuke's face heat up.

"I don't know but I know where I would be; Insane, possibly deranged and spiralling into madness without any other way to keep myself alive. So it is really you I have to thank."

His face is heating up more as he feels cold but gentle fingers caressing his face in a comforting way, and he suddenly recalls the feeling of Tomo's kisses against his fingers and his neck.

And then it occurred to him. There is one other thing he meant to do once they got here.

"Tomo let's sit down for a moment. I want to talk."

They sat on the white couch again and clasped their hands together so they could talk easier.

"What is it that you have to tell me?"

Yusuke took a breath and looked down at his fingers.

"This city White Haven... There are many things about this place that make me uncomfortable."

"What do you mean?"

Their eyes didn't meet but they didn't have to. He could tell it was difficult bringing this up.

"There are people here that still don't accept the existence of your people, even after all this time. They believe this planet should have been theirs and theirs alone. And the fact that there are other intelligent beings here? That's like putting a bright neon sign over your head now that you are with me up here. You're going to be in danger Tomo, I just want you to know that."

Tomo frowned because he didn't like seeing Yusuke so distressed. Especially over him.

"I'll be fine Yusuke. You'll see, I think I can handle myself against some humans."

"Don't be so sure," Yusuke croaks softly. "Some go missing once in a while... And I know a group of anti-vamp people wandering around. I dunno how they are doing it but... I am just really scared that..."

He trails off, unable to finish. Tomo sighs to himself and brings Yusuke in for another embrace. This one was tighter and warmer than before.

"You don't have to worry about me," he says. "I am more than capable enough to protect myself. Multiple attempts on your life makes you smart in some ways..."

"Just... Promise me you won't go anywhere without me okay? And... Don't follow anyone you don't know and-"

Tomo shushed him and brings his head up so their eyes could meet.

"Yusuke, please. It will be okay. Trust me."

There was a small spark of fear in his eyes that much he could see. But it was gone in the blink of an eye as he quickly hid it with a smile.

"Okay.. I trust you."

"Good," Tomo says back and pushed their noses together briefly. "Now, I have to ask. There are so many things about yourself I need to know. And you have to tell me everything since I'll be with you from now on, okay..?"

Yusuke smiles more genuinely now and nods his head. Their proximity is a lot closer now and it is making him nervous. He could quite literally feel the other's breath mingling with his own.

"Fair enough," he whispers quietly. "And you have to tell me everything too, okay?"

Tomo returns the smile and leans just a tad closer... Yusuke finds himself getting incredibly embarrassed... He's so close and before he knows it, it's already happening.

"Fair enough," he hears as a low rumble before soft full lips are pressed to his own.

TBC

Yeah it is short. Writer's block got me all messed up =n= But hey! I got this one done! :D

And the new BK chapter should be up soon because I managed to re-memorize the Mabinogi landscape after playing with my guildies last night. :3 CHEERS!

~Ducky~