Arrogent boss and innocent employee

Chapter 08:

It was the time of morning, the birds were hovering in the sky over the beach of the resort. Neil was sitting in the restaurant with others and they were discussing about their work with him. Neil looked up and when he saw Avni is discussing something with Karan because Karan asked her for help. Neil turned red to see them sitting together. Neil angrily looked at the file which was in DD’s hand.

Some files were kept in front of Neil on the table. Avni was standing there because one file was of her. Neil talked to Riya and gave her the file after that he looked at Avni and picked up the file while sighing. Neil got angry to see it. He was already in anger and it just increased his anger. Neil threw the file in anger on the file. Avni flinched a bit but she was confused.

Neil: what is this rubbish? It is incomplete. Of course, how will it be completed when you were busy chit-chatting with your friend?

Neil looked at Karan who looked down. Avni didn’t say anything and she picked another file and passed it to Neil.

Avni: sir, now see it. Maybe, something will also be missing in it because it is my file.

Neil was shocked. He got embarrassed and then he looked down, here and there. Neil gulped and checked the file but he was feeling really very awkward. Neil closed the file.

Neil: hmm. Good.

Neil signed the file and passed it to Avni.

Neil: send a copy to the accounts department.

Avni nodded and she turned but she stopped and Neil saw her. Avni turned to Neil.

Avni: Sir, you are our boss and you have a complete right to shout and yell at us if we do mistakes. If. We. Do. Mistakes. Then. A person should think twice before saying because the words, we say, we can never take them back so, before shouting and yelling, make sure that you are shouting at the right person.

Neil was looking at Avni and others were looking at Neil. Avni looked down.

Avni: I am sorry if I said wrong.

Avni turned and goes. Neil's eyes were on Avni.

DD: ab, sir, I think, we should continue our work in the conference room. We will be more comfortable there.

Neil: hmm.

Neil looked in the direction where Avni goes. After that, they continued the work in the conference room and Neil looked at Avni who was concentrating on her work. Neil felt bad.

Neil in mind: I should not shout at her unnecessarily. She said right, I should think before speaking but what should I do, I can’t see her with anyone else. I am getting possessive for her, what is all this happening with me?

Neil thinks.

Neil saw Avni gulp and she rubbed her throat. Neil thinks. He picked up the receiver and ordered the refreshment for everyone. Soon, it comes and Neil signed to DD who nodded and gave the juice to Sunehri and asked her to give it to Avni. Avni smiled and said thank you to Sunehri. Neil smiled to see Avni having the juice. Neil sighed.

Some days passed and they worked hard day and night and then they went to the meeting and the sponsors of their project were satisfied with them so, everything goes well. In these days, Neil realized that he is developing feelings for Avni. In the night, Neil gave the treat to all. At the party, everyone was enjoying but Avni was silent. She smiled to hear them but she got lost sometimes. Neil understood her condition.

The next day was Sunday so, no work for the employees. Everyone decided to visit the place but Avni did not go because she has to write articles. Neil also didn’t go but he sent DD with them.