Ch 5 tasty rumors and dying nature

After a talk with Wilbur, Quackity went to go get more supplies. As he was getting wood near Las Nevadas, he noticed something unusual. A small pile of wilted flowers. He thought nothing of it for the time being and continued getting wood. Meanwhile slimecicle snuck into the burger van while Wilbur and ranboo were out. He stole some of the wilburgers and left a note that would technically point towards purpled, one of Las Nevadas' residents.

Later that night Quackity told Charlie that he had to go take care of some business. “Oh? What kind of business?”  “Just some old scores to settle. Don’t worry I’ll be back before you know it! See you later.”  Charlie waved goodbye to Quackity and walked around the casino before walking out to the fountain. “*yawn* man what a long day. I sure am tired…” Wilbur came running up on the horizon towards Charlie. “Where is he?!”  “Who?”  “Purpled that damn- *sigh* just do you know where he is slime?” “Oh sure Wilbur! Purpled is in his home! You’ll have to wait till tomorrow though, its getting late!”  Slime told Wilbur. “OH- ugh fine, thanks.” Wilbur walked off pissed.

After a while Quackity came back. “Hey Quackity from Las Navadas!- uhh is everything ok?” Quackity had turned toward the slime, he looked really pissed with a hint of sorrow and he smelled like smoke. “Yeah I’m.. I'm fine slime. Thanks.” Quackity said relatively quiet. “I’m going to take a shower.” Quackity walked back inside toward his office in which had a secret door to his room.

The next day, Quackity and Purpled were discussing housing arrangements and other business when Wilbur ran up. “YOU!”  “whoa what are you- wah- HEY!” purpled exclaimed as Wilbur grabbed the front of his shirt. “YOU TOOK MY SUPPLIES WHILE I WAS GONE AND YOU GOING TO GIVE THEM BACK OR-”  “hey hey wilbur chill, lets just calm down and figure out whats going on here.” Quackity tried to de-escalate the situation but it seemed to only get worse. “QUACKITY YOU DID THIS DIDN'T YOU?!”  “woah hey- HEY! BACK OFF” purpled lunged forward trying to keep the two from fighting.

Charlie was watching and enjoying the fight, out of sight. The fight seemed to go on for about a half hour, mostly the same stuff, fighting trying to break it up, then they're in the fight and it loops. Charlie decided to help, still hiding his true intentions. He walked toward the looped fight. “Woah woah hey guys calm down! We talk this out like normal “human” beings.” Charlie got in the middle of things, and as he spoke he slowly took energy from the three of them. “Y...yea, come on isn't that what i've been saying?” quackity said. “You good wilbur? You like- chill now?” “yea im fine.. I guess.. How about you purpled?”  “Yes I'm good, a little bruised but I'll live.” Charlie seemed relieved that the fighting stopped but knew it wouldn't last.

He gathered himself up before soaking in the new energy. "Well! Now that we've all calmed our bones! What happened? Maybe we could start with Wilbur?"  "Uhm- sure so I left to go get more supplies for the burger van and I found my Wilburgers were stolen! And I found this note, the wording, the ink color, all of it! It just pointed toward that child!" Wilbur explained pointing toward purpled.  "Hey I did no such thing! Yesterday I was out, busy repairing my old ship! Considering a prior uhm.. Incident that happened.."

Wilbur was skeptical but decided to take the kids word for it. "Well- alright fine..I'll take your word for it..imma go home and lie down. This took a lot out of me."  "Yea same. Glad we could clear that up. Hope you find your burgers will.." Purpled said as he left the scene. "Well that was.. Something. Wasn't it slime? I wonder who took Wilbur's burgers."

Later that evening as the sun was setting Quackity was doing some paper work in the casino when a knock came at the door. "Hmmm be right there!" Quackity moved to open the door when… "Karl? Sapnap? What are you guys doing here?"  Sapnap's clothing smelt like smoke and there were ashes in his hair, and karl was crying.
"Quackity it was horrible! Someone burnt down Kinoko kingdom! We left for the day and when we returned it was all burnt down!" Sapnap said sounding sad and also pretty angry.

There was silence before sapnap spoke again. "We- we don't know what to do, and we haven't seen you in forever it feels! I mean-" sapnap finally looked up from the ground. "What happened here?" He reached for Quackity's left cheek. "This scar… when did this happen?!" Sapnap said, worried.  "A long time ago Sap… like New L'manburg long."  "It's really been that long?"  "Yea.. " Quackity and sapnap just stared at each other for a moment.

Karl nugged sapnap and motioned for the side. "Uhm. Just a sec Quackity-. What's up karl?"  "That- he's-" Karl breathed for a moment wiping tears. "He's not the quackity I remember, I mean. The quackity I remember had much shorter hair and a blue jacket with a duck on it. The beenie is the same but…I don't remember " him." Where's Quackity? The guy that always smiled and joked?"  Sapnap seemed stunned. "Karl- Karl that is him. Sure he's changed, but not as much. Just some new duds and a scar.. Goodness it has been a while but it's not like you could forget his voice! I-" he sighed. "Let's just go talk to him some more ok?" Karl nodded and the two walked back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~