Ch 18. Legacy

Quackity didn’t know how to feel about being in a relationship again, he worried that it would all spiral again. Maybe it would. He couldn’t 100% be sure. Schlatt had him sit on the couch and take a break, Quackity had done nothing but work for the past month at least. while talking to Schlatt, he was told how he got hold of the revival book, and why dream got it.  “So..that DreamXD guy gave it to you and you told dream that if he helped with the pogtopia war…he’d get it?” “Yea pretty much.” “You know something? XD gave slime god status, and purpled killed him..i killed purpled.” “Do you know what he was the god of?” “I don’t know..” As Quackity realized this, he wasn’t sure what do even do. He had more power than ever before and yet….it didn’t feel like it. He decided to go find Sapnap. He wandered the ruins of kinoko kingdom before finding a hole in the ground. “Hmm what’s this?” He uncovered it a bit more before realizing it was a library. This library had many bookshelves, with around 7, displayed on top. They each had different titles, each with a different theme. Each one had two things in common, however, “Tales From The SMP presents..” and each of the stories had Karl in them. “What is all this?” “What are you doing in here!?” Karl. “You kill me, try take sapnap and now you take my legacy?! Well not this time.” “Karl wait! I came looking for Sapnap, i have no idea what this is!” “Right, a likely story.” Karl drew his sword defensively. "Woah woah wait I'm unarmed!"  "So was I." Karl lunged forward and Quackity dogged. Quackity managed to grab a book titled "the masquerade" and run out if the pit. He ran as fast as he could as he heard something fail past his ear. Karl fired a crossbow and kept going.  The only thing Karl could think about in this moment was his stories and his own safety, he was tired of dying in the past, the present, even the future. Quackity ran toward a small building with the lights still on. "SAPNAP! LET ME IN PLEASE!" sapnap opened the door. "Quackity? What are you-" Quackity shoved past him and ran inside, gasping for air. "Karls gone crazy and I think I know why." He held up the book. "Quackity what- what even is this? The.. Masquerade? Where did you get this?"  "I can show you if Karl doesn't kill me first." Quackity and sapnap both went toward the hole where the book was found. "Sapnap….. Judging by the looks of things. I think Karl's a time traveler." "That would explain why he called me James earlier.." "But.. Why wouldn't he tell us? I mean now he doesn't even remember much of anything and getting us confused with people in the past."  "Or the future.."  Karl hopped down the ladder finally. "Alright quackity that's it-! Ja- sapnap? What are you doing here?" Sapnap looked at Karl. "You did it again… you almost called me james."  "Sorry-"  "why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell us you could time travel let alone that it messes with your memory?!" Karl looked confused. "Don't tell me "you forgot too" because we already figured that out.. Karl, we love you and we want to make sure you're o-"   "stop. Sapnap, I didn't tell you because I wanted to keep you safe and I didn't tell him because he killed me and I don't trust him."  "Karl… you've forgotten. He's our love and when we didn't tell him about or home, he was in pain. Quackity, now that we've figured this part out, what do we do?"  Quackity looked at him, sadness in his eyes. He could still see the pain in karl's eyes, the distrust but be knew they would figure it out somehow. 

They talked for a while and Quackity went back home, Schlatt was waiting on the couch. "Hey sugar pumpkin how was.. Your.. Day.?" He saw a glimmer on quackity's hand. On one hand there were two rings, on the other there was one. "What's that?"  "My old rings…just memories. Ya know?"  "Oh I see. So you talked to them?" "Yea we decided it would be best if we didn't get married and stayed friends. Too much was happening. And I told them about us and how we are trying again so it worked out in the end."  "That's great. I was going to make lunch but uhh, that wasn't happening heh." "That's alright." Quackity walked into the kitchen and started making lunch. The two sat down and started eating. They talked about different things with las Navadas and relationship things. *knock knock*  "who could that be?" Quackity asked. Schlatt shrugged and got up to answer the door. He was startled and stepped back a bit as a deep voice spoke from the opposite side of the door. "May I come in?"  Schlatt glanced at quackity before speaking. "Uhm yea come oo in."  "Schlatt? Who's at the door-?" Quackity looked up from his food and saw who it was. "Dream XD? What are- what are you doing here?"  "Well I heard about Charlie, for starters."  Dream must have gotten word out about the incident because if it got to XD then it must've been quick, it had only been a day, if that. "I never told him what power I gave him. Then he was killed, and then his killer was killed, and now you wield it."  Quackity was very confused, he knew what he was talking about but why was he here? To rant about it? Take it back? "So anyway, I would take it away if that was how it worked."  "But aren’t you like- the ultimate God or something?" "Oh end no! I rule over the end Among other things,  the goddess of death even has more power than I do. I came to tell you what it is because, well, I was going to tell the kid but ya know."  Quackity felt sadness welling in his throat, Charlie was the first person he ever kept as close as he did. "So.. What is it?"  "Well he was a being of this world, but he was strong for a slime, but I decided I would give him the title of  "The God of The Void.""  "T-the what? What does that include?!" "Well, it's a power of the stars, fire, things like that."  "If it's the void… could I take someone there directly?"  "Yes. That is correct." Schlatt was just listening to this unfold, dumbstruck. Quackity didn't say anything, it was silent for a long moment before XD spoke again. "Well. I know that's a lot but I really don't care, I've done the only thing I came to do. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to check on someone."  Nobody said anything, still in shock as XD walked out and disappeared. They both sat down and kept eating, unsure of themselves. "Thanks for making lunch hon."  "Hm? Oh yea, course…"  "you uhm.. You ok?" "Schlatt… I'm a god- I don't even know what to do with this information!" Schlatt got up from his seat and put his hand on quackity's shoulder. "I don't know either… but whatever happens, we'll do it together. Alright?" "Yea that sounds good. We'll build our Legacy to the top."  A few weeks passed since everything happened and Quackity and Schlatt were standing in front of a huge crowd. 

"HELLO AND WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE GRAND OPENING OF LAS NAVADAS! LOOSE YOURSELF IN ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT, AND TEST YOUR LUCK. 

THERE'S ONLY ONE THING YOU'LL NEED TO ASK YOURSELF HERE. "

ARE YOU FEELING LUCKY? 

______________________________

End.