Ch 16. starting over

"Quackity from las navadas? Are you ok?" Quackity was sitting at the bar inside the casino. He had a small bottle of whisky in his hand and was crying. "I- I don't know slime..*sniff* I just- I don't understand how he could fucking forget everything within a few hours….. I loved him Charlie. I really did- do… I really do." "Charlie sat next to Quackity. "I'm sorry Quackity. I wish this would stop happening to you. But.. I'm here for you. Dap me up?"  "Ya. Ya know what that'd be nice." Quackity gave the slime a high five and took another swig of whiskey. "Damn didn't know you would be the one to find, sulking at a bar."  Schlatt walked up. "No seriously, I knew you drank but I haven't seen you like this ever." "Things change schlatt." He sat on the opposite side of Quackity and put his hand on his shoulder. "What happened?" Quackity was a little startled, schlatt never listened before. "Karl doesn't remember anything with us, our history all of it. He only remembers me pushing george and the part where he dies in our plan all the way back in El Rapids. Then the part where I burned down Kinoko Kingdom I- I don't know what happened."  "I'm sorry hon, but hey maybe he'll come around?"  "He said he never wants to see me again… . I don't think he's kidding this time." Schlatt was never really good with emotions, especially with Quackity. He wasn't sure what to say really. "Schlatt? What are you-" Schlatt hugged Quackity. "Don't get used to it too much."

Meanwhile Sapnap was going after Karl. "Karl! Wait up! What the hell man?" "What?"  "Why would you do and say those things? Quackity he's been through so much especially today karl!" "I don't care! He's a murderer! Why would I feel bad for him?"  "He's- he's our fiance! And oh I don't know,  getting a pickaxe through his teeth? Or better yet! Thinking he killed his friend? Watching his best friend psshh how about FIGHT A GOD?!" "It's not my problem!"  "Karl- you! You really don't remember… do you?"  "No…  I genuinely have no idea what your going on about. Fiance? Fighting a god? Yea right."  Sapnap didn't know how to respond, it just didn't make sense. He would have to keep working on reminding Karl, but for now they would build a small shack and the next day they would begin to rebuild.

The three stayed at the bar for a while. Quackity didn't really speak much,  just kinda kept looking at the bottle in his hand. It was empty but he didn't feel like getting another one. Schlatt hadn't been drinking like he used to but still drank. He got him, quackity, and Charlie a small shot and sat back down. "Oh! No thank you schlatt. I don't drink. It messes with my slime composition ya know?"  "Oh alright." After a while, purpled walked up to the bar. "Hey p. Arnt you like- underage?" "Hey Quackity. Yea I am but I came to find you three."  "Oh and why is that?" "Remember? The chest I mentioned? It's creepin' me out, it just appeared and I didn't place it." "Mmmnn tomorrow. Isn't it like midnight?" "Yea, but this could be bad."  "Mmmm fine. Come on guys, let's go sort this thing out."  They went outside the casino toward the mysterious chest. Quackity cautiously walked up to the chest and checked around it for traps. He then opened it carefully. "Purpled… it's empty." There was a flick sound and Quackity turned around to see Purpled holding Charlie over a vast, deep pit of lava, and Dream holding schlatt against a wall. "PURPLED WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" "Don't think haven't forgotten your heinous crimes against my home, my heritage!" Quackity was panicked, schlatt didn't seem to be in any immediate danger but it was dream who was holding him. Charlie, on the other hand, was being held over lava. "Hey schlatt, I think I will use that favor now.~" Dream said a little loudly so Quackity could hear him.

"Don't worry Quackity! I'll be ok!"  "Oh and slime, don't try using that energy draining trick on me. It won't work, I have special armor on." Quackity was in a frensy trying to figure out what was happening, what he should do. "Purpled! Stop this! We are supposed to help each other not this!" "Oh really? Like you "helped" my spaceship? Do you know how long I have been working to fix it?!" "I know I know! Please just- I'm sorry! Put slime down, we can talk."  "No! It's too late for sorrys! The least you can do now is give me the revive book. Either that or I'll kill the slime and take his godly hood!" "What do you mean?! Take his godly hood? That-"  "isn't how that works? Actually, the person to take a canon life first while the person is a God takes that title. After all, someone would have to replace them."  Quackity didn't know what to do, he never got the book. He looked over at dream and Schlatt, dream still had him pressed against the wall and was trying to talk schlatt into something awful. Dream knew he didn't have the revive book, and lied to purpled. "Purpled! I don't have it! I never got it from him!"  "Oh really? we're lying now. Well if you really do have it you can just revive him right?!" "Purpled don't do this."  5 fingers, 4, 3, "purpled dont!" 2…..
"SLIME!"
______________________________________