Ch 8. The ghosts of the past.

TW! this chapter involves a lot of arguing, fighting, implied death, and small mentions of blood.  If you don't feel comfortable with these feel free to skip this chapter.
Thank you. Enjoy!

“Hey Quackity! You dr-“ Charlie was cut off from talking by a glare from Quackity. Quackity had his hat on but his hair was ruffled, and paper was strewn across the floor. “What- what happened in here?”  “I’m. Frustrated…*sigh* don’t worry slime. Say what’s that you got there?” Quackity said, holding his hat up just enough to fix his hair a bit before Charlie spoke. “Oh yea! You dropped this! It’s a picture of you and Schlatt.” He handed the picture back to Quackity. “Say why do you have that with you anyway?”  "just… memories. I guess."  "Is that why your room is all messed up n stuff? Because you miss the guy?" "What?! No! I just lost some important files toward the casino! Why would I miss that bastard? He was abusive, drunk, and a tyrant!"  "If you don't miss him then why do you have that keychain with you right now? Huh?!" The keychain with the 2 rings hung slightly out of Quackity's pocket.  “Huh?! Oh shoot! W-well that’s none of your business slime! Why are you asking all these questions all of a sudden anyway?” “Why are you getting so defensive?” “Hey! Don’t dodge the question!” “Don’t dodge mine either!” The two started arguing, for the first time actually.

“Quackity you can’t run from your memories! One day you’ll be dust and they’ll fade anyway!” “Then why don’t you scurry along and leave me to them? If they’ll fade anyway it doesn’t matter!” Charlie slowly walked toward Quackity. Quackity backed up a bit and stared at the slime. “What are you hiding anyway?! You want me to spill everything I’ve ever done, why don’t you then!”  “My name is Charlie, Quackity. And I don’t have to spill everything either!” “What happened to the always happy peppy slime huh? Why are you suddenly so questioning and defensive? I mean hell I’m always defensive! It’s NOTHING new!” Charlie crept closer, keeping eye contact. “I’ve lived longer than you know Quackity from las Nevadas!” In anger Charlie lunged forward toward Quackity reaching for the keychain, still hanging out of the pocket. He managed to grab it before Quackity could move out of the way. “HEY! GIVE THAT BACK!” Quackity exclaimed, trying to get the keychain back. Charlie was already taller than Quackity, so he managed to hold the rings just out of his reach. “IF YOU DON'T MISS HIM,” he held it higher, “THAN WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THESE HUH?!” “THEY’RE EXPENSIVE!” “SO WHY DON'T I JUST- oh I DON'T KNOW! SELL THEM?” “Give. THEM. BACK!” Quackity pushed off of the nearby desk and lunged at the slime, barely managing to grab the rings. Charlie turned to him and stared for a moment. The room had more papers strewn about and different things knocked over. Quackity looked at the rings before admitting, “sli- Charlie…i will admit.. i miss him. But not for the right reasons. I don’t regret taking his second life. I hoped it would knock some sense into him but…he just drank more and pushed more people away.” Charlie couldn’t help but feel a little remorse for the man. “I have no reason to hold onto these anymore and yet…I can’t get rid of ‘em.”

Charlie looked back at the desk, on it was the picture he had originally come to return. He grabbed the image. “Now could you please do me a favor? Hand me that picture and help clean up?” Charlie didn’t say anything, he just looked at the picture of Schlatt and Quackity. “Charlie? yeah bud?” “What if…you saw him again?” “Charlie i- what? What are you talking about?” “How would you like to see him again?” Charlie held the picture tighter and looked Quackity dead in the eyes. “Slime..no. I miss him sure but i sure as hell don’t want to see that face again. Not even Glatt. Just brings back bad memories now can you ple-“ Quackity stopped. Charlie was smiling. It felt unsettling. “Uhm..kid?” Charlie shrunk himself and stole the key ring again. “Wah- HEY! GIVE THAT BACK!” Charlie made a run for it. Quackity didn't know he could do that, despite knowing he's a slime. He eventually fought the slime for the keychain. After a while Quackity pulled his sword after Charlie bit him in the arm.
Charlie dodged and moved quickly, but so did quackity. Charlie reached the door to the elevator after much struggle. He clicked the button just as- *shink* Quackity was right behind Charlie. He picked up the keychain and picture. Both had bits of slime and blood on them.

Quackity walked away from the elevator. Behind him, Charlie and dust.
__________________________________