Fourteen

heluu >.<

~

The two parties collided and Jeongguk stood in the amidst of the chaos. He felt Taehyung grab him, give him a reassuring nod before raising his sword in the air. He let go of Jeongguk's hand and swung his sword at one of Jungwon's men, making him stumble to the ground.

Jeongguk's brain was having a hard time trying to process what was happening around him- men falling and swords clattering against one another, it was a blur of motion and Taehyung was a blur of light amongst the moving colours. His feet struck the earth gracefully as he struck man after man that came his way. He shoved men to the side and moved his sword skillfully as if he had been the most talented swordsman on earth. For every move, every flick of his wrist and every turn of his head was calculated and precise, as if he had been a trained warrior.

His daydream was shaken awake by a shrilling scream behind him. He turned on his feet, only to be met by one of Jungwon's men charging at him. And Jeongguk felt his whole body come alive, his blank mind suddenly remembering everything he had learned for half his life, everything his father had taught him.

He moved, his eyes narrowed like a predator's, his mouth letting out a snarl as he charged at the man. He slashed his sword across the man's chest making him fall to his knees. He turned around and pushed away another man.

He didn't see it when an alpha charged at him from behind but Jeongguk caught glimpse of a sword blocking the alpha's sword from hitting Jeongguk. Jimin grunted as he pushed the alpha away making him stumble to the ground.

Jimin looked at Jeongguk and smiled. "You alright?"

"Yeah" Jeongguk whispered breathlessly.

"Good" Jimin muttered, turning around and Jeongguk grinned. They started fighting off wolves, standing back to back.

"Taehyung told me that you two were mates a few days ago" Jimin shouted over the sounds of battle.

"Why didn't he tell me?!"

"He talked to me because- fucking asshole!" Jimin let out as he slashed the sword against a wolf. "Because he didn't know what to do since you didn't seem to know yet. He then said he wished you would find out by yourself"

"I was a bit slow"

"That's okay. It doesn't just come to you magically. Takes time"

Jeongguk turned to face Jimin. "Are you two close?"

"Taehyung is my brother from another mother" Jimin sighed, turning to Jeongguk. "I'm gonna go to that side. I saw a few of our people fall there"

Jeongguk nodded and followed Jimin, fending of incoming attacks from different wolves along the way, and yet again, he was surrounded by bloody battle.

Jeongguk didn't know how much time he passed until he was met with Jungwon's bloody face in the middle of a pool of blood. He didn't hear any chaos around him as they charged at each other together. Jungwon slashed his sword and Jeongguk moved away from it, making it hit the ground.

"I will kill you!" Jungwon screamed and charged again and their swords met, the metal screeching with the force. Jeongguk used up all his strength to push Jungwon back and the man stumbled but kicked Jeongguk, making him fall on the ground.

He gasped, feeling pain shoot up his spine. And he saw Jungwon aiming his sword down at him. He sneered wickedly before raising his sword and Jeongguk couldn't stand up. He saw Jungwon bringing the sword down, ready to slash Jeongguk's throat in half but-

"You fucker!" A growl ran through the air and Jeongguk saw Jungwon being pushed to the ground, his sword skittering away from him. Taehyung got on top of him and started punching him across the face.