Chapter 1 - Another Life Begins! (Updated)

"Congratulations! Miss Tempest! You've given birth to a healthy beautiful baby girl" are the first words I hear once I'm out. Well other than, you know.... 'Push!' 'I am! Nngghhh!' 'You did this to me!' 'Honey... ! Honey you're crushing my hand!' 'Push!' And so on. As I presume the doctor or midwife helps by pulling on me gently. Once free, she quickly scoops me up in a blanket. And expertly and quickly cutting the umbilical cord.

Fun fact, did you know how they get that long cord back in? Well, they can step on mothers toe and it gets sucked right back in. They just need to surprise her. Anyway, that is NOT what I was paying attention to, no. It's the wording she used. I can't see that well right now. Everything is just a blur of colours. All I know is whoever picked me up has chocolate brown skin, black hair, and a white top. Probably the job uniform the last one.

("She didn't say what I THINK she just said right? Please, please say I heard wrong") pleading that the gods have mercy on my soul. Surely they didn't do what I'm thinking they did.

"..... she....?" A soft-spoken voice asks, which is clearly exhausted. I assume is my mother's voice. If I wasn't so caught up in what the midwife or nurse said, I would have noticed just how soft and delicate her voice was.

"Well done sweetie, you did amazing. She looks just like you" a mixture of light pink, bright light blue, and black coloured top says. Said voice sounds male with a rather eccentric tone to it. But is neither deep nor high-pitched. I assume he is my father, and no he doesn't sound like Vader.

("....She?.... She?! You better be kidding! My son better have made it or so help me!")

"Would you like to hold her?" Asks the midwife as she holds me in the towel.

("Him damn it! I'm a boy!..... I'm..... a girl!") I angrily say in my head, right up and till I feel some accidental touching in my lower area. And I don't feel anything that should be there.

("Noooooo!..... Rest in peace my son, you'll be missed dearly....") Mentally cursing out the gods that have forsaken me and my son, tears swell in my eyes as I mourn him.

"Oh wow.... she's beautiful...." my assumed mother says happily. With her taking me from the midwife, minus the towel. Which is normal, as it allows skin-on-skin contact with mother and child. And I have to admit, I suddenly feel slightly closer to her: stupid hormones or whatever.

"Just as gorgeous as her mother," My assumed father says as I feel a big hand start gently rubbing my head lovingly.

("Okay Romeo get a room.... with me preferably not in it, while you do it.")

"She has your eyes and hair Veld" She comments as I see the bolbs of colours looking at me. Curse newborn sight, can't see anything properly.

"So she does..."

"Alright, I'll just clean up here, go do some other patients. Then I'll come back and check up on you. And of course, see if we can feed the little one." The midwife says while I hear some rustling off to the side. I assume she's packing her stuff up.

"Huh?" My mother lets out a confused sound.

("Yeah, just what I was going to say")

"It's nothing to worry about right now, just enjoy your time with your baby. Again Congratulations." Soon after she finishes, I hear the door closing. Leaving me alone with my 'parents'.