Chapter Two: Front Of The Class, Darling

A/N: The multimedia is a picture of Kacey Rohl, the actress I chose for Averie. :)

"Miss Darling?" Mr. Adams' voice boomed from the front of the classroom.  I sighed and looked up from the paper Kara, Corinne and I had been passing back and forth.

"Yes, Mr. Adams?" I asked sweetly, trying to hide the nervousness I was feeling over the sparkle hidden deep within his strict gaze.  I wondered if he was truely displeased with me, or if he just enjoyed being a jerk.  Had it been any other teacher I would have been annoyed that I was being picked on, but with Mr. Adams... He could damn well do whatever he wanted.

"I don't allow notes to be passed in my class."

"Funny," Kara said, batting her eyelashes flirtatiously. "'Cause we've been passing notes for the past twenty minutes and I know you've been watching us the whole time."

He stood slowly, I could almost see his muscles rippling beneath his white dress shirt, and the image caused heat to flow throughout my body to places I'd never experienced before.  I bit my lip.  Why was I reacting so strongly to this infuriatingly attractive, older man?

Suddenly, he was standing before me; reaching down to snatch the note from my grasp.  Our fingers brushed in the process and a gasp escaped my slightly parted lips as a shock of electricity shot through my arm.

Mr. Adams cleared his throat and my heart thundered within my chest as I realized he meant to read the note aloud.  Fuck. I am so going to be suspended for this.

"The person known as A begins the note with: O-M-G, guys, isn't Mr. A. HOT?!"

Giggles and shocked gasps echo through the classroom, before going silent to hear what comes next.

"Then, K replies with, Oh, hells yes!  Mouthwatering, to say the least!"

More giggles and gasps.

"Finally, C gets her turn and says, Guys this is so wrong!  He's a teacher!  Off limits!  Back to A: Come on, C, live a little!  Maybe he's the one for me!  Winky-face.  Can't you just imagine- Now A, couldn't you have kept this PG?"

The class erupted in fits of laughter as I felt my cheeks redden with embarrassment.  Yep.  I'm going to be suspended.  They're going to contact my parents and I'm going to be forced to go home.

"I think it best if I separate the three of you," Mr. Adams said. "Miss Arden, go to the empty seat at the back of the class.  Miss Darling, perhaps you could move your desk right next to mine so I can keep an extra close eye on you?"

What is this, kindergarten?

I sighed and did as I was told, taking extra care to scrape the desk noisily across the floor in the process.  After a half a second, Mr. Adams took the desk away, picked it up effortlessly and moved it himself.  I had to stop myself from drooling as his biceps bulged.

"I didn't realize you were such a weakling, Miss Darling," he said with a smirk.

"Ugh, shut up," I muttered under my breath.

His eyebrows raised, "I beg your pardon?"

"Nothing," I said, staring him straight in the eyes and trying to hide the effect he was having on me.  Just the way he looked at me set my body on fire.

"I believe you just told me to shut up."

"I think you're hearing things," I said with fake confidence.

"Detention after school, Miss Darling," he said, smiling triumphantly as he used his authority against me.  Bastard.

"Whatever," I said quietly as I sat down.

"Would you like detention after school tomorrow, as well?" he asked, his eyes taunting me, daring me to defy him once again.

I sighed and repeated, "Whatever."

"It's settled then.  You will meet me here today and tomorrow after school."

"I can't wait," I said, my voice oozing with sarcasm.

"Tsk tsk," he chuckled. "Careful.  You might earn yourself a third day."

The bell rang, signalling the end of class.  Without waiting for my friends, I booked it out of the room as fast as I could, eager to get far away from the annoying, sexy-as-fuck teacher.  It was going to be a long semester.