Chapter Five: Touch, Tease, But No Release

Chapter Five

"So, who was that sexy-as-fuck man that had you plastered against the wall last night, hmm?" Maddalena winked as she lay down beside me on the bed. Sunlight was just beginning to stream through the window as I wiped the sleep away from my eyes and yawned. Memories of Mr. Adams' touch flooded my mind and I felt my body heat as I remembered the incredible sensations he had awoken within me.

"I dunno," I lied. "Just some guy."

"Ooh, what a slut," Maddy giggled. I rolled my eyes and hit her with my pillow.

"Shut up," I said, smiling at the noise she made when my pillow connected with her face. "I've gotta get ready for school. I'm gonna be late as it is."

***

"You're late, Miss Darling." Mr. Adams said, frowning with disapproval as I walked quietly through the door of his classroom. Though his lips were pressed together in annoyance, his icy eyes glittered with the prospect of our next lesson. I swallowed the lump that was forming in the back of my throat and let out a soft sigh.

"I know," I murmured. "I'm sorry, Sir."

The classroom was suddenly filled with the soft rumble of whispers as the mocking title escaped my lips, and I smiled up at the annoyingly attractive teacher in triumph. Without another word I found my seat near Kara and Corinne and sat down, spilling my books onto the desk's surface. My two best friends shot me suspicious looks that screamed of an interrogation that would be sure to occur at lunch.

Mr. Adams cleared his throat, "Miss Darling, you forget where you are to sit."

Silence spread through the room like the Black Plague and all eyes returned to the front of the room. I let out a loud sigh, collected my books, and walked slowly to the desk beside his. I took a seat and slammed my books on top of the desk, smiling secretly at the loud noise they make.

"Now, turn to page 213 of your textbooks, everyone," Mr. Adams said, ignoring my disruption. The poem we will be analyzing is called The Lady of Shalott. Miss Darling, you may read first."

I looked up at him, eyes wide. Since when do we have to read things out loud for Grade 12 English? This isn't elementary school...

Mr. Adams stood behind me, close enough that I could feel the heat radiating from his hard, muscled body. I bit my lip, trying to ignore the way my body yearned for him, for his hands and lips upon my bare skin, and for his tongue and teeth to torture me for hours on end. No, Averie, I thought to myself, trying to ignore the way my body was responding to him. This is so inappropriate.

Mr. Adams leaned in closer and pointed to where he wanted me to begin reading. His heat enveloped me as his arms brushed against mine, causing a jolt of desire to rush from the place of contact all the way down to the pool of warmth between my legs. My panties were already wet. I took a deep breath. Can he smell my longing for him? Is it obvious to the rest of the class?

He pulled away and I felt immediately colder. I took a deep breath and began to read aloud, "The Lady of Shalott, Tennyson. Part One. On either side the river lie/Long fields of barley and of rye,/That clothe the wold and meet the sky;/And thro' the field the road runs by/To many-tow'rd Camelot..."

After what felt like a millennium, the bell finally sounded, signalling the end of class.

"Miss Darling, please stay a moment," Mr. Adams said, his eyes blazing with an unknown emotion that caused my insides to boil and my intimate muscles to clench.

"Yes, Mr. Adams," I said quietly.

Within moments the classroom was empty and Mr. Adams was closing and locking the door. My heart was racing with anticipation.