Prologue

Once upon a time, there was King named Yoonseok. Who ruled a large and mighty kingdom, and yet he was sad, for he was growing old and had no child to inherit the throne. 

Then, happily, a daughter was born, a princess, and she was given the name Y/N. 

Kings and Queens came from all around to offer their gifts to the child. Among them was a widow named Aeruma and her young son, prince Jungkook. 

It was then that King Yoonseok and Queen Aeruma happened upon the same idea. 

Jungkook and Y/N would be brought together each summer, hoping they would fall in love and join their kingdoms forever.  

But unknown to all was another plan, that of the evil enchanter Min Yoongi, the King's hand. 

Y/N's birth was of little concern to him. For he was preparing to take Yoonseok's kingdom by means of the forbidden arts. 

On the eve of his assault, Yoonseok attacked, and Yoongi's powers were plunged into darkness. 

Despite calls for his death, Yoongi was only banished. 

"I'm not finished with you yet, Yoonseok. Someday I'll get my powers back. And when I do, everything you own and love will be mine."

Many feared King Yoonseok too kind. But in time, the threat was forgotten, and all hopes turned to that not-too-distant summer when Jungkook and Y/N would meet.