Y/N

JUNGKOOK POV

Riding through the woods, Jungkook prayed and hoped that he could find the great animal. He had dragged Taehyung along without giving him a whole lot of information on his discovery. He knew Taehyung would never come with him if he told him beforehand.

He's in here. I can feel it.

Dismounting his horse, he walked through the forest; an arrow knocked into his bow. Taehyung followed him closely.

"How will you know it's the great animal?"

"I'll know."

"Just because he can shapeshift doesn't mean we won't know."

"He can shapeshift!" Taehyung squeaked out.

"Yes, he's an enchanter who can change his appearance."

Walking further into the forest, still looking for any sign of the great animal. While keeping an open eye, a light reflector caught his attention, revealing a swan flying toward him.

"A swan? A swan! Of course! It's not what it seems!"

He pulled his arrow back, aiming it at the swan.

Just a little closer.

When the swan was within range, he prepared to lose.

"This one is for Y/n!" he shouted before letting the arrow loose.

A man pushed the swan out of the way, making him miss his mark. Jungkook growled, having missed, and began chasing after the swan.

The sun was about to set, but he didn't care as he chased the swan.

This is the great animal! I will avenge Y/n!

He followed the bird to a lake, where it eventually rested on the water.

"Jungkook!" someone called out.

Turning around, he saw his lieutenant Jimin.

"Jimin?"

"Wait, you don't want to kill the swan," he said, his hands in front of him.

"That animal killed Y/n!"

"No, it didn't, if you'd just trust me!"

Jungkook wanted to argue, but a light behind him caught his attention.

Turning, he saw golden water rise above the swan before disappearing back into the lake as if nothing had happened, and there stood Y/n.

Lowering his bow, he couldn't help but feel shocked. His Y/n was finally standing before him again.

"Hello, Jungkook," she said softly.

Dropping his bow, he immediately ran to her. Lifting her into his arms for a moment before placing her on the ground.

Her white dress was clean like she had just left him. Leaning down, he gently pressed his lips to hers. Tears stung in his eyes.

My Y/n.

"Jungkook, I knew you'd find me."

"No one believed you were alive, but I just knew," he answered, pulling her into a tight hug.

"You can't stay!" she said, pulling out of his arms.

"Can't stay? No, I'm never letting you out of my sight again!" he said, holding her tightly, his heart beating against his chest so hard he thought it would leave him.

"Listen to me, Jungkook," she said, looking up at him, her eyes showing panic and worry.

"Y/n!" a man called.

"Oh, no," she whispered, looking over his shoulder.

"Who is it?"

"It's the man who kidnapped me! He has me under a spell."

"Who?"

"Y/N!" the man called, his voice getting closer.

"Let him come, I'll-"

"No! He's an enchanter who sworn to kill you; you must go!"

"Then you're coming with me!"

"I can't! When the moon leaves the lake, I'll turn back into a swan! Please, Jungkook, you have to trust me; go!"

"There must be something I can do," he argued, his heart aching to leave her again.

"You can, but you have to make a vow of everlasting love."

"I'll make it. It's all I've ever wanted," Jungkook said, smiling at her.

"You must prove it to the world," she said, looking around them for the enchanter.

"How?"

"I don't know," she cried, pushing him towards the forest.

"Y/N!" the man shouted.

"Go!" she said, pushing him again.

The ball...

"Tomorrow night, come to the castle. Before the whole world, I will vow everlasting love at the ball," he said, looking at her one last time.

"Y/N!!" the man shouted again.

She turned, fear in her eyes. Looking at him one last time she mouthed "go."

"I'm coming!" she shouted.

He threw her locket to her, that she caught before disappearing into the woods.