Heartbeat

JUNGKOOK POV

Waiting as they had when playing catch and fire, he caught the arrow, firing it toward the Dragon's heart.

To Jungkook's surprise, the arrow pierced through the Dragon's scales. The Dragon let out a roar as it fell towards the lake before crashing and sending a flash of red and gold light.

When the light faded, the water was silent, and the Dragon was gone—running towards Y/n. Jungkook prayed that she was alive.

Her body was still motionless, and her heartbeat was still silent.

"Forgive me, Y/n. Forgive me. I only wanted to break the spell. To prove my love."

Lifting her body to his, he held her tightly as he said his goodbye.

"I love you, your kindness and courage. I always have," he whispered before placing his lips on her temple.

Burring his face into her hair, he let out the choked sobs in his throat.

"Jungkook?"

Lifting his head to look at Y/n, he thought he heard her voice. Her eyes met his.

"Jungkook," she smiled.

Her once pale complexion was replaced with her rosie soft cheeks and bright eyes looking back at him.

Wrapping his arms around her, she hugged him. He was at peace for the first time in what felt like months.

"Let's go home," she whispered.