What else?

Y/N POV

"Y/N, are you ready to go, my dear?" your father asked through the door.

"Soon!" you called back.

You had just celebrated your eighteenth birthday, which meant summer was about to begin.

Following your father out to the carriage reluctantly, you were determined that he was not the person everyone was telling you, you would marry.

"Father, please, I don't want to marry him."

"Come, your eighteen. It's time."

"Father, please!" you begged.

"You're coming in, and that's final!" your father commanded, grabbing you by the hand and tugging you out of the carriage, after the long grueling ride.

"I can do much better, I am sure!" Jungkook argued.

"He's so immature!" you argued before your father shoved you through the doors.

Turning to look at him, as you always had with each introduction, you were shocked to see that the boy you once knew was replaced with a man.

Jungkook?

He smiled at your, approaching you slowly as though he was just as shocked as you.

What is happening?

Walking towards him, you grabbed the sides of your dress to curtsy to him, like you always have with each first meeting.

"So happy to be here," you said, your eyes glued to his.

He bowed to you before stepping closer.

"She's the girl from my dreams," he whispered.

His hand extended towards you, and you gently rested your hand in his, your body burning where his fingers touched.

"Let the ball begin!" a voice announced.

You saw the musicians coming out and immediately began playing a gentle tune.

Jungkook pulled your body towards him, his hand resting on your waist. You were surprised that the gentleman before you replaced the selfish young boy you once knew.

As the song ended, he gently reached up, cupping your cheeks and pressing his lips to yours. His lips were surprisingly soft, and you wanted to kiss him more, but you remembered all the people around you.

He smiled at you before turning to your father.

"Set the date! We will be married!" he announced.

You were shocked to hear him say that, but you wanted time to get to know this Jungkook. He was so different, and you wanted to be sure that he actually loved you and not because you were no longer some ugly duckling.

"Wait."

"What? You're all I ever wanted. You're beautiful!" Jungkook asked, looking at you surprised.

"Thank you, but what else?"

"What else?"

"Is beauty all that matters to you?" you asked, hoping that all these years together, maybe he had fallen in love with other things about you.

"Jungkook, what else?" his mother asked.

You looked at him, hopefully.

"What else is there?"

Sighing, your heart broke. You weren't willing to marry someone who was only in love with your beauty.

Pulling away from him, you immediately asked your servant for your cloak.