Jungkook's Vow

Y/N POV

Mounting your horse, you looked at Jungkook, your heartbreaking that he wasn't truly in love with you as much as you were with him.

"We tried Aeruma; no one can say we didn't try. Say goodbye, Y/N."

"Goodbye," you said quickly.

"Goodbye?" your father pushed.

"Prince Jungkook."

"Goodbye, princess," he answered, his face looking annoyed.

You watched him for a moment as your horse continued walking away.

"All these years of planning! Waisted!" Queen Aeruma shouted, and you couldn't help feeling hurt.

Not only had Jungkook disappointed you. He had broken your heart.

JUNGKOOK POV

"What else is there? She says, "Is beauty all that matters?" and you say, "what else is there?"!" Namjoon, his advisor, lectured.

"It was dumb, I know!" Jungkook argued back.

"You should write a book, "How to offend women in five syllables or less."," Namjoon teased.

"Your turn Jungkook," Taehyung said as he sat in front of the chessboard.

Jungkook walked over to the board, mindlessly moving a piece.

"I didn't know what else to say."

He walked back toward Namjoon, embarrassed by what he had said.

"Oh, you lost your queen Jungkook."

"That's twice in one day!"

"Think. You must see something other than Y/N's beauty."

"Ha, of course, I do, Namjoon. She's like, you know... How about? And then... I mean, right?"

He looked at Namjoon and Taehyung, who looked at him confused.

"Eh, I don't know how to say it."

How do I get her back? I need her.

He looked at the chessboard, and the idea struck him.

"I'll prove it to her. I'll prove my love. Checkmate!"

"Huh?" Teahyung questioned.

UNKNOWN POV

The rain poured around him, soaking every inch of the land. The sound of horses could be heard in the distance through the thundering rain.

"Today's the day, Yoonsoek. Everything you own. Everything you love. Will be mine."

Y/N POV

"I-I just don't understand. What else did you want him to say?" your father asked gently.

"I need to know that he loves me for just being me."

"Whoa-Whoa," the guard said, stopping the carriage.

Your father opened the carriage door before exiting it completely.

"Stay inside, Y/N."

You heard growling and all of the guards and horses crying out in panic. You looked at your father as he attempted to close the door, before a beast yanked him away.

"Father!"

The carriage was shoved until it was on its side, and you lay there, your head aching from hitting the side of the carriage. Before the darkness consumed you, you saw a man appear smiling as he reached for your body.

JUNGKOOK POV

"Huh?" Taehyung questioned.

The door to the castle entry was shoved open, revealing an injured soldier. The soldier collapsed to the ground as Jungkook approached him.

"It's King Yoonseok's captain," Jungkook said, pulling the captain into his arms.

"We... We were attacked. A great animal."

"Y/N," Jungkook whispered, gently placing the guard down and running towards the stables for his horse.

"Jungkook! Wait!" Namjoon called after him.

He mounted his horse quickly and rode down the familiar path to the harbor. The rain drenched his clothes as he rode.

"Faster Sun!"

He soon came into view of the accident—the carriage on its side.

"Y/N!" he called out, dismounting Sun and running to look inside the carriage to find it empty.

He turned around, looking at all of the rubbish left by everyone. He looked down to see Y/N's favorite locket in the dirt. Leaning down, he gently picked it up, resting it against his chest.

"Y/N!" he shouted into the forest.

"Here!" A man's voice called out.

Running to the sound of the voice, he found the King.

"King Yoonseok," he whispered, kneeling next to the injured King.

"Jungkook."

"Who did this?" He asked, studying King Yoonseok's face.

"It came so quickly. A great animal," he groaned out.

"Where's Y/N?"

"Listen to me, Jungkook. It's not what it seems. It's not what it seems," he whispered.

"What isn't? Where is Y/N?" Jungkook asked, his voice growing frantic.

"Y/N is... Y/N is... gone..." the King breathed out.

Jungkook laid the King's body down; his body was now cold and motionless. He looked around, his heart feeling like it was going to explode.

"Y/N!" he called out before collapsing in the dirt, crying.