46. "The truth."

Chapter Forty Six

Adonis' POV

"Did you hear him? He said mama!" Elena looked happily surprise at the six months old Sebastian progress, who was inside his crib, sitting down with only a diaper on, and holding a blue rattle. His eyes turned big as he stared at the sprightly Elena. Probably wondering what was going on.

"Hm... I heard dada," I said, telling her what I really heard.

"Really?" she frowned, then turned her attention to Sebastian, "come on, Seb, say ma-ma... ma-ma..."

Seb shrieked and ate the rattle, ignoring Elena. Then he shouted, "da-da. Da-da."

"I told you," I chuckled, teasing Elena, and she pouted.

"That's not fair Seb, we bonded more," she picked our baby and cuddled him.

Since Elena's grandpa died, she had been very busy taking care of everything. From the funeral, to taking care of the Pallis business, bringing Seb to the pediatrician for his regular checkup/ immunization and so much more. Of course, I was always with her on many occasion, and always available for her, whenever she needed me.

We solidified our relationship by keep on building every day - honesty, respect, trust, faithfulness, open communication, understanding, and making time and effort for each other. Whatever issues or problems we had, we told each other right away.

The little things we do for each other every day, like thinking if she already eaten, she calls me if I arrived in the office safely, thinking on how to make her smile, she cooks my favorite dish, bringing home her favorite doughnut, she saves the last piece of pizza for me, opening the car door for her, merely holding her hand when she's scared, we hug and kiss whenever we bump into each other in the house, and so much more. Those are the things that matters most to us.

"Ba-ba..." Seb said, then shrieked with laughter, and Elena laughed aloud, "Oh my, who's ba-ba?"

I joined them and played with Seb - doing peek-a-boo, crawling race on the floor, swinging him to the air like superman, and other things.

My phone rang, I got a call from my private investigator in London.

"Mr. Stavrakos, we got an information about him," he related everything that I wanted to know, and the vital data that he gathered.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Definitely, sir. I could never go wrong," the investigator confirmed, "I'll send you some photos and footages in your email."

Elena mentioned about her father, who died in a car accident. It broke her mom's heart that he died on the eve of their wedding.

Elena was restless. During the funeral of her grandpa, she overheard a man talking about his grandpa's evil ways. That Constantine plotted on killing someone for financial gain.

She told me about it, and she doubted if her grandpa planned on killing her father, Gareth Danes.

With her permission, I hired a private investigator to get information about the truth of her father's death.

Elena's POV

It was Sunday, family day. Together with mom, the four of us went to a restaurant owned by the Stavrakos for lunch.

I was feeling so nervous. My hands were trembling. We were going to meet someone. A man from the past.

"Are you sure it's him?" I asked Adonis again, for the nth time.

"We can't be sure until Celine confirms," he answered.

Mom was seated at the back of the SUV, together with Sebby. She was also feeling very nervous.

We entered the Stavrakos hotel and went directly to the restaurant. The manager showed us to a private. A waiter took our orders and immediately left us.

I got distracted with Sebby, calling me ma-ma. I giggled happily, feeling so proud of our son, "did you hear that? He called me mama."

Adonis chuckled, "he did. Loud and clear."

"You should thank me," Mom said proudly, "I taught him mama, the whole day, yesterday."

We started eating, and I forgot about the person who we were going to meet. Until Adonis received a call.

"He's here? Okay, we're here in the restaurant. Let him get settled first," I heard Adonis said to someone.

My heart hammered so fast. The man we were going to meet just came from the airport and went directly in the Stavrakos hotel.

I looked at Mom, who was so restless. I did not want her to disappoint, but we have to face this person to solve the mystery of the past.

We had our dessert, and I also finished feeding Sebby with my breastmilk. I also changed his nappy, and Adonis cuddled him until he fell asleep.

Mom and I were talking about changing the nursery room decorations, when the door of the private room opened.

A tall middle-aged man entered. He was a handsome man, slim, and a redhead.

Mom gasped aloud. She abruptly stood up, and went to the man, meeting him halfway in the middle of the room.

He was hesitant. Probably shy, because his face was flushing. His clothes were so basic. A shabby brown jacket and pants and over-worn shoes.

Mom cried out.

"Gareth. You're alive!"