Chapter 2

September 2nd 1975.

The marauders were on their way to the dungeons for their detention. But honestly, they couldn't care less about it. The prank had been great.

"And when Malfoy said his father actually bleaches his hair?" Said Peter between laughs.

"That was rich" answered Potter, "And what about Snivellus trying to invent potions for his greasy one? It's good to know Pads is not the only one obsessed with his hair"

"Pink looks great on you by the way, you should keep it" added Remus ruffling Sirius' hair.

Sirius pushed his friend's hand and took out a mirror from his back pocket to accommodate his hair, at which the rest exploded in laughter once again, "oh shut up, so I carry a mirror with me, who cares? And honestly it could've been worse, at least Gaunt didn't leave me bald"

"Don't give me ideas, Black, depending on how annoying you are in this detention I might act on them", said Morgan darkly as she walked past them, "Good prank by the way, smart, what wasn't smart though was angering so many snakes, right now they're busy killing each other cause of all the things they said, but tomorrow they will focus on you four, have your wands ready", finished the girl with a mocking smile.

She entered the classroom and the marauders looked at each other. They knew she was right of course, they already had to dodge multiple curses thrown their way on the way to the dungeons. But it was still worth it.

"Ok everyone, you'll be peeling and cutting and stocking all these ingredients, then you'll clean the room and be free to leave, wands please" said Slaughorn and they all gave them to him.

"Professor, a word?" Said Morgan going to where he was.

"Of course Ms. Gaunt, what is it?" He looked at the marauders , "what are you waiting for? Begin''

Morgan just smirked at them and sat on a chair in front of Slughorn, "Just wanted to tell you that my parents are having the Gaunt annual Christmas Ball, they gave me an invitation for you" Mor took one out of her pocket.

The invitations weren't to be owled intil a month prior to the ball, but she didn't feel like doing the work today. He was going to be invited either way because he was pureblood, but receiving it earlier than everyone else would put him in a good mood. Morga just had extra invitations to give to whoever she wanted, as long as it made sense of course, she couldn't invite some nobody.

"Ms. Gaunt, I'll be honored to go, say thank you to your parents for me" he saved the invitation as if it was precious, after all the Gaunt annual Christmas Ball was a tradition that had centuries, everyone who mattered was invited and so her professor being a man proud of his connections would love to go.

"Of course, they really appreciate you, I always tell them what a great and just teacher you are, by the way I'm looking forward for the first Slugh club of the year"

She hated those parties, but it was free booze and she also had a tradition with Reggie and Ophelia of just going to make fun of the whole thing.

"Yes of course, it'll be in at the end of the month, to see how you're all settling in, you know." said the professor smiling, he loved his parties, "Anyways, I'll leave you all to it, Ms. Gaunt do keep an eye on them make sure they do their work, you should just look at those letters they sent me, that should be enough punishment" he smiled at her knowingly, gave her her wand and left.

Checkmate.

She had a manicure just done, it's not like she would start cleaning cauldrons.

The boys watching the whole situation unravel knew to not even bother asking for help now that she had her wand, she would most definitely tell them to fuck off.