Chapter 3

September 4th 1975.

Morgan was in the library waiting for Remus Lupin, it was the last day before they had to hand in the assignment, and they had both avoided the whole ordeal until last minute when that morning on breakfast Morgan had asked him if he wanted to meet up to write the essay so they could be done with it.

She was in a corner table reading one of her books on dark artifices she had brought from the Gaunt's library beneath her house. After she had proved to her parents in first year that she was responsible-ish, with them, they let her take whatever she wanted to school.

When she felt someone sitting in front of her, Morgan shut the book down in a swift movement and looked up with a forced smile, "Morning, Lupin"

They decided to meet on their free period, because apparently he was busy that afternoon.

He looked horrible.

Well don't get her wrong, he was hot, but looked as if he was on the verge of death or something. Still she didn't comment on it, that would be rude, but still someone should.

Morgan had never really had a conversation with him, only when he was with the rest of his friends. And half that time she was insulting him, because being friends with those dimwits was reason enough to do so.

He had messy sandy hair and light brown eyes, taller than the average and looked strong too. He had a couple of scars that Mor had never figured out what they were from, but it made him look badass.

From what she had seen, he was the brain of the group most of the time and probably who had kept them from being expelled all this time.

She realized she was staring and shook her head. Sometimes Morgan got lost just analyzing people, "ok so how do you want to do this?"

"What if you read and I write the argument with whatever you give me?" Asked Remus pointed out all the books he had brought for the assignment.

Morgan looked at them wrinkling her nose. She loved reading, sure, but when it was a matter of importance to her. She didn't give two fucks about the protego maxima charm, it's history and creation. Gaunt just needed it to stop her from getting killed. And she had mastered that part at nine years old.

"Or... you read, I write?" Asked the girl, sending a sweet smile his way.

"Fine whatever, let's just do it quickly please, I have a terrible headache" well she did say he looked terrible before.

"Just that? You look half dead", countered the girl, curiosity killed the cat people said. Good thing she wasn't one or by this point she'd be six foot under.

Remus gave her an annoyed look and started flipping through the pages.
Morgan was going to propose they don't even bother with the assignment altogether, but knew Lupin would definitely not agree.

So she started copying the things that Lupin was signaling in the books and trying to make it look as if it wasn't all cites adding things like, "we believe that wizard was terribly wrong", "the charm actually should be better after all this time", and so on.

Morgan knew she was going to be at the top of DADA, as she had been all the previous years anyway, so why care.

Fifteen minutes later she was rudely interrupted by the boy in front of her with a cough. She ignored it. Then he coughed again, "Do you want to go grab a tea or something? Add honey, it'll help" Asked the girl clenching her teeth.

"Maybe later, but you're doing it.. wrong" stated the boy looking at the parchment she was writing on.

She rolled her eyes, "Well enlighten me, what would you change?"