Chapter 11

October 23rd, 1975.

Sirius Black had seen many things in his life. But none of that had prepared him to see James, his best mate, as freaked out as he was right now.
What was even weirder was the fact that, for some reason, Ophelia, the devil's best friend, was there as well, half the time trying to calm James and the other half mocking him. Apparently, she couldn't make up her mind.

"What about Martin? He's not half bad," offered Sirius and got a snort from the Slytherin girl in response.

"Are you kidding me? The kid's like 30 kg tops. He'll be out of his broom in no time," she said, leaning against the wall, her mouth set in the beginning of a smirk.

Sirius rolled his eyes, annoyed, "If you're not going to help, please fuck off."

The girl waved her hand at him, "Nah, I'm having fun, but thanks though,"

James was pacing non stop, but he did take the time to scowl at her. Sirius had been meaning to ask what they were doing together when he found them, but got the feeling that his friend would not appreciate the questioning in the middle of this life crisis. Sirius was nervous as well, they didn't have any backup players because, well, people weren't really inclined to stand in a bleacher waiting for some of them to get sick or die, you know.

"Mate, I know you're going to hate it, but let's just ask Belmont. He's really good and knows the team better than anyone else we can think of," pleaded Sirius.

James had never looked at him that way, like he really wished a thunder would strike him right then and there. Belmont had played in the team for years but decided to refrain from playing that year because it was his NEWT's year and wanted to focus on that. Ergo, James got the captain position.

"Oh, he was quite good.." mused Ophelia, but then stopped herself, "But if you don't like him, totally not worth it." She added, with fake understanding.

"Please, you just want us to lose." Complained Sirius.

She shrugged as if saying, 'Well, yeah'.

James just kept on walking back and forth in the same little corridor, trying to come up with someone else, anyone.

Sirius, having enough, stood in front of the quiditch captain, and made him stop, "I get you hate the bloke because of all the Lily shit," he started placing a hand on his shoulder, "But what would you hate more? Playing with him or losing your first match as captain, and to top it all, against those greedy fucks?"

Ophelia scoffed, "What? He likes your, oh so precious, Lilypad?"

Sirius gave her a warning look but answered anyway, "They've gone on some dates."

"Ok, shut up, stop reminding me of those terrible events in my life. Honestly, it was disgusting," said the boy with a dramatic fake gag, and then stopped, he sighed, "Fine, but I'm not asking him."

"Well, perfect, I assume Lily can convince him," cheerfully stated Greengrass, who was about to start getting yelled at, but James didn't have a chance.

Because then, out of nowhere, Morgan Gaunt was running to them, a crazy look on her face, that said 'I did something bad, and I'm about to drag you all down with me'.

She was panting, but with a grin from ear to ear, said, "Ok, so I did something."

Told ya.

Ophelia saw her and instantly smiled, "Did that old hazard give you a hard time?"

Morgan shook her head no, "Actually, the little visit to his office might be the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Sirius honestly thought he had never seen her this happy in her life. It was scary. Because it wasn't the cute type of happiness, it was the maniac psicopathic type.