Chapter 40

December 31st, 1975.

"I mean, you can tell me it's science all you want but that girl was moving things with her mind. I call that..." Morgan flashed her hand in front of her face as she whispered, "Magic,"

"Actually, it's called," Peter imitated the gesture. "Special effects,"

"Nuh-uh. No way," she dismissed his explanation with a shrug of her shoulder. "Plus, how do they get the people behind that giant screen?"

"Uh... I know you've heard this one before, but...science?" Remus offered and playfully bumped Morgan. "It's kind of like wizard's cameras, if you will. When you see a picture, the people are not actually there, are they?"

"But then you're just proving my point, Rem," she rolled her eyes as if they were stupid. "It's magic. Deal with it,"

"Not everything is, but..." Peter trailed off with an amused smile. "Whatever makes you happy, Mor,"

"Like always," she heard Sirius mumbling and Peter snickering. She glared at him.

"Anyway, I really liked it," James jumped in while he opened the door to his house. "Carrie was hot,"

"And absolutely batshit crazy," Morgan nodded with a grin. "My kind of girl,"

"Yeah, I really related to it," Sirius chimed in. "Especially the part where her mother wants to unalive her,"

"Our traumatized friend," James sighed and dramatically patted Sirius on the back. "If you decided to murder everyone like our movie girl... we'd totally have your back,"

"I can teach you to do what she did to her mom. You know the crucifixion and all that. She was rather creative with the kitchen knives, actually," Morgan offered Sirius.

But when the four boys just stared at her like she was crazy, she forced a laugh out. "Kidding, duh," she went to grab Sirius' arm and said in a low voice. "You can think about it. Walburga would enjoy it, I think,"

"Sometimes you're so disturbing," Sirius replied but with a smile on his face. "I'll keep it in mind,"

Morgan had finally gone to the cinema with the boys, as Peter had promised her. It was fun, but she still didn't understand how the whole thing worked. But they'd eaten popcorn and shared a joint before going in. Which was probably the reason why the movie seemed so bizarre, more than it actually was. The effects had passed, thank God. Morgan did not want to explain to the Potters why the four boys in their care were stoned. No way.

After the wedding, Sirius had taken Morgan home, and she found out the next morning that he'd stayed the night in the room he'd used those first days of the holidays. Apparently, her parents asked him to stay because it was late and he must have been Oh so tired from dealing with a drunk Morgan all day long. Their words.

The days after that, Morgan spent them like a prisoner in her own house. It was all training. Dueling, freaky mind stuff, potion making. Her parents should open up a school if they loved teaching so much that they didn't leave her alone for a minute of the day.

Only that morning she'd been able to get out of the house. After all, Morvian and Alexis had to actually work at some point. They'd left her a few things to work on, but Morgan burned the stupid paper and was out of the house in seconds. She had lunch with the Potters and the boys and to the movies afterward.

"Hey, you want to play a match?" James asked after he plummeted down into the armchair of the living room.

"It's freezing outside," Morgan complained with a groan.

"She is right, kids," Euphemia walked in and went to sit next to Sirius. She had a small smile on her face and looked like she was about to tell the boy someone had died or something. "A letter arrived just after you left, Sirius. Here,"