Chapter 4

September 5th 1975.

That morning after breakfast Morgan was on her way to the hospital wing with a bunch of books on her arms, a plan, and most importantly, a threat. Just in case it was needed. Which it mos definitely would be.

"Morning sunshines" said the girl cheerfully in a singing like voice entering the room with a big smile.

The four marauders were on the same bed trying not to fall off and laughing at god knows what.

Remus was still a bit pale, but other than that, he looked great. All things considered.

The boys had avoided talking about the whole Morgan Gaunt situation, except when one of them proposed to obliviate her which they had to be honest, wasn't discarded until they realized none of them had actually done it before, and were afraid of messing her up. More than she already was, that is.

Remus was the most scared, he knew Gaunt and wasn't sure what she would do, so that was constantly in his mind making him miserable. That and the fact that the full moon had been a disaster, he felt more guilty than usual. He knew his friends had downplayed the night's events for his sake and that they had been hurt in the process.

Sirius groaned when he saw her smiling face. Which shouldn't be a bad sign, seeing someone smile, but it was in her case, the girl wasn't exactly known for being friendly and happy. So it couldn't be good.

She approached the bed and grabbed the mug she was balancing on top of her books, dropping those after, "Brought you some hot chocolate, you're always eating some, so I thought you'd like it" Morgan haded the mug to Remus with an honest smile and sat down on the chair that was opposite the bed.

"Thanks, Gaunt" Remus nodded feeling a bit better for the gesture, and looked at her with a meaningful look, "For everything last night"

"Don't even mention it, probably my good action of the month" replied the blackhaired girl joking, but meaning it, of course she would help him. She wasn't that bad.

"Gaunt, now that you know our secret and you're not one of these idiots" started James out of nowhere and pointing at his three friends, "what was your first thought, stag or deer? I was very masculine, you could tell, right?"

"Prongs get over it, it was one comment" laughed Peter.

She laughed too and sighed pretending to get serious fixing him with a look, "Do you want me to be honest, Potter?"

He opened his eyes in alarm, "I'm not sure if I want you to anymore"

"I'll say it anyway, my first thought was.. Bambi"

Peter and Remus started laughing at James' resigned look, "Whatever, was I cute at least?" Asked Potter like a little kid.

Trying not to laugh, she answered, "The cutest, definitely, you'll get all the lady deers" She patted him on the back and kept laughing until James too cracked a smile.

Sirius was observing the scene unraveling in front of him with a frown. Morgan had a talent with people, she was charismatic and charming, and could win you over with a few words. She was very much like him actually. And like much purebloods, trained to get what they wanted, whatever it took.

Needless to say she was talking with his friends as if she had known them her whole life, about quidditch, that James loved, classes and books, that was Remus, and the latest gossip for Peter. It was almost as if it had been rehearsed.

Even he had laughed at some points, especially because it was an all against James kind of thing.

She had her long black hair down and straight today, which gave her, along with her high cheekbones, a sharp look.