Chapter 42

January 13th, 1975.

"Ready, Black?"

"Ready, Gaunt,"

They shared a complicit smile and waited a few seconds while looking at Morgan's watch until the time was finally right. When the bell rang and the doors to the classrooms of the corridor burst open.

"I can't believe you! You promised you'd do it!" Morgan yelled at him.

"I can't keep up with every single one of your whims, Morgan," He yelled back at her, the students started to cautiously flood the corridor looking at the scene with different expressions on their faces. "You are such a spoiled baby it's unbearable,"

"I'm spoiled? Seriously?" She spat, trying to look as mad as she could, which was a lot. Because she wasn't spoiled, the fuck? "So it's my fault your parents hate you and mine don't and that makes me spoiled?"

"Oh, please. Grow. Up!" he dramatically rolled his eyes at her and a few gasps were heard from the show. "I don't even know how they deal with you. And by the way, your mother hated me too,"

"My mother was nice enough to suffer your presence in our house. Are you really saying you don't like her?"

"You hate all my family, so why can't I?" He snapped back right at her face. Their two noses were just seconds away from touching while they kept throwing false accusations at each other.

"I don't hate all your family!" Morgan shook her head and glared at him while trying to come up with some Black she actually liked. "I like your brother,"

"Oh, yes. Trust me. I KNOW!"

Morgan almost broke character and laughed, but she kept it in. The people around them did no such thing. They were enjoying the staged fight quite ardently if the laughing they tried to muffle and how they kept calling people to come see was any indication.

"I obviously didn't mean it like that," Morgan threw her hands in the air in exasperation. "But to be fair, he is quite more handsome than you'll ever be!"

"Oh, really?" Sirius laughed darkly.

"Yeah. And to top it all off, he's not a commitment bitch like you are!"

"I'm the commitment bitch?" He said with a hand over his chest. "You're the one that gets bored of people and tosses them aside when you do,"

"I do not!" She snarled at him and pointed an accusatory finger at him, even pressing it hard into his chest. "But yeah, if you don't get it together, love, I will not put up with your sorry arse anymore,"

"Well, if I'm so terrible then end it now, Morgan. Go ahead," he crossed his arms over his chest and Morgan had to give it to him, he even looked a tiny bit hurt behind the anger. It almost made her want to stop this and pretend it was all fine. Almost.

"Fine, if you want me to," she shrugged, the gesture as indifferent as ever. "We're over,"

More gasps from the public and Morgan could already sense the vultures that would come 'console' Sirius. Bitches.

"Fine!" Sirius growled, his eyes burning into hers.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Stop it!" He snapped.

Morgan saw the opportunity and went for it. She'd probably never get one again. She slapped him right in the face. The sound reverberated in the hall, making everyone shut up. Sirius gave her a look that promised death later. Yeah, the slap was not on the script. But hey, he said she was spoiled and criticized her mother. Only Morgan could criticize her mother.