2. Memories

The following day, Will woke up with a strong headache, sleeping on a mattress next to El's bed.

Those first hours, his head was a total mess. He needed time to tie his dispersed memories from the previous night, where his life may have completely changed and he wasn't even aware of that.

Hours ago, when the group finally killed all of the monsters, Jonathan had gone to the hidden shed to get Mike and Will out of there. When he opened the door, he found both of them sitting on the floor, in the corner of the small room. Mike was wrapping Will in his arms, who, at the time, was totally unaware of the ongoing events. Anyone could tell that he looked a mess.

When Mike first saw the door open, he freaked out. But, when Jonathan showed up at the shed, he sighed in relief. Jonathan would not say anything about that moment. He may even be the one who witnessed most of Mike and Will's vulnerable moments, those ones where they knew they only had each other.

Otherwise, if another person would have shown up, Mike would certainly be ashamed. Not because of Will, of course not, but for himself and his own repressed feelings towards him. It was wrong, Mike knew it was wrong.

Or it should be wrong. Because that was what he was taught.

But it didn't. It was not that way.

It didn't feel right either. That was not how Mike expected things to go. And he knew Will was not expecting that either.

It felt so... rushed. Of course Will could not have controlled that impulse, that urge being so scared and stoned. But Mike could have, and he didn't, because he was scared too.

But, going from not knowing anything about each other's life in the last 6 months to saying they own your heart, felt certainly out of place. Not because those feelings were not true, but because they were still confusing. Having held them for months (or years) do not create the right to let them out whenever you want to.

But they did.

And after that, Jonathan drove Mike and Nancy to their house and then put Will to sleep in El’s room once they got to the cabin.

But, of course Will could not remember any of that.

Instead, he woke up with El asking him if he was okay.

- Will, you’re sweating - Her voice echoed in Will’s mind.

It took Will a few seconds to understand what was going on around him.

- Good morning. - He said.

- Morning? It’s 2pm - El replied.

- Huh? Really? - Will's eyes widened. - Oh my god, I have to go help the guys at the hospital - He hurried and got up from his mattress, but he was still a bit clumsy.

- No no no no, you’re not going anywhere until you’re well. - Joyce appeared in the room’s doorway, pushing Will back to El’s bed.

- I’m fine. I just need to take a shower - Will said, throwing a tantrum.

- What about your headache? - Joyce asked, placing her hand on Will’s forehead - Last night you were complaining a lot about it, please, promise me you will never do that again. - She added.

- I won’t. I can’t even remember what happened last night. - He replied.

- Hey, but it worked. Not any monster found Will. - Jonathan appeared in the room.

Joyce looked at him, serious.

- Are you kidding me, Jonathan? - She asked.

- Sorry, mum. It was an emergency. - He said. - But he’s okay now, right?