9. Nightmare

Will got out of the bathroom and went to El's room for a pillow. There, El and Jonathan, who was lying on a mattress, were talking.

- Hey bud, are you sure you want to spend the night there? I can take the sofa if you want. - Jonathan said. He knew that something was going on between Will and Mike. And not something nice.

-It's okay, Jonathan. I'll go there - Will replied.

- Alright, chef. - Jonathan replied.

- Ha ha. - Will replied, sarcastically, and then he left the room.

Before showing up in the living room, Will took a deep breath.

Mike was drinking a glass of water. Will didn't even look at him, he just went straight to the mattress placed in front of the couch.

Will laid down on the mattress without even looking at Mike, as a way to show him that he could sleep on the sofa.

Even when he was upset, Will was still a good host.

Mike left his glass of water on the table and went to the living room, but when he headed for the mattress, he noticed that Will was already there, laying down facing the sofa's base.

- Hey... uh, aren't you gonna sleep on the couch? It's better than-

- No. - Will interrupted, sharply. - It's okay. - He added.

- Okay.... - Mike muttered. Then, he went to the sofa and lay down.

Will turned around so he wouldn't meet Mike's eyes, even with his eyes closed.
The tension and awkwardness between them was too thick.

A few seconds passed and silence was the loudest sound in the room. However, Mike could tell that Will was still awake because he didn't stop moving. He was clearly uncomfortable on that mattress.

- Are you sure you don't want to sleep up here? - Mike asked

Will sighed.

- Yes. I'm fine here. - Will replied, still turning his back on Mike.

Mike couldn't help but feel upset towards the sudden indifference from Will. But he knew he had a reason for acting that way.

- Do you want to talk about it? - Mike asked, suddenly.

Will heard the question, but it took a few seconds for him to answer. He didn't want to, actually.

- ... About what? - He asked

"I swear I will never talk about this again. I'll just pretend we never happened if that's what you want"

- About today. About us. - Mike replied.

- ... There's nothing to talk about. - Will said, refusing to talk and trying to sleep.

- You know there is. - Mike replied. - You can't just pretend nothing happened.

Will didn't answer.

- And I don't want it to be like that. I never wanted it to be like this. - Mike added.

Will frowned at that answer and sighed. Was he serious?

- It won't always be the way you want. - He replied.

- Wh- What..? - Mike asked, confused.

- Things have always been the way you wanted. I have always waited for you. It's not fair. - Will said, serious.

- Fair? What is fair right now? - Mike asked, getting up and sitting on the couch.

- I- .. I don't know. - Will replied, between silent tears.