10. The Omen

Will didn’t know if it was because he was so exhausted or because of how relieved and safe he felt when he was close to Mike, but it took him just a few minutes to fall asleep.

But Mike, unlike Will, stayed up the rest of the night. He couldn’t tell if it was because of the horrible nightmare he had or just because he got too distracted watching Will slowly fall asleep next to him. Even when he was surrounded by negativity, Mike could still feel relieved.

Hours later, in the morning, Will woke up peacefully.

Mike was still looking at him, but when he noticed Will was awake, he pretended he was not.

- Hi… - Will said. - Could you get some sleep?

- Actually, no. - Mike replied.

Will sighed and sat on the couch.

- Really? - He asked, rubbing his eyes.

- Yeah. But, whatever. - Mike replied.

Will rolled his eyes and got up to go to the bathroom. Mike never really cared about having good habits anyway.

Mike noticed that Will was still being indifferent towards him, but didn’t (and wouldn’t) say anything about it, because that's what he deserved. Or what he thought he deserved.

At least, Will still cared about him enough to spend the night with him even after being deeply hurt. Not everyone would do that. It was enough for now.

An hour later, everyone in the cabin had breakfast together, so they already knew about Mike’s recent nightmares. They were all afraid that 001 would do the same to anyone else, so they had to be prepared for any other similar episode, and also prepare the distraction.

Will noticed that Jonathan was desperately looking for something everywhere in the cabin, but he couldn’t find it.

- What are you looking for? - He asked.

- Uh… a bag. When Argyle gave you weed I went to the lab to take some supplies from there so we wouldn’t have to do that to anyone again. - Jonathan replied.

- Where are them?

- That’s what I don’t know. Last time I saw the bag was… that day. - Jonathan answered.

He stayed silent for a few seconds, trying to remember where the bag could be.

- I think it might be in the hidden shed. That’s the last place I went  that day. - Jonathan said.

- I… I can bring it if you want. - Will suggested.

- No, no you can’t go there. You don’t know where it is. - Jonathan replied.

- I know where it is. It’s not far from here. I.. I was there last night. - Will said.

Jonathan’s eyes widened at that answer.

- What were you doing there?! - He asked, concerned.

- Hiding, I told you. - Will replied. - I can go. If I can’t help fighting the monsters or anything like that, at least I can be useful once. - He added

- It’s just a precaution, Will. You’re useful. - Jonathan said.

- I know it is. That’s why I’m going there. It’ll only take a few minutes. - Will replied.

- Okay… be careful

- Wait, I’m going with you. - Mike said, showing up in the dining room.

- I didn’t ask for company. - Will reproached, putting on his bag.

- And I didn’t ask you for permission. - Mike replied.