12. Stars

Will, who was finally asleep, was taken to El’s room by Hopper, who made sure that everyone in the cabin was safe. Hours passed after that, and the fear and tension were already much less than when Will was possessed.

El and Jonathan were in the room with Will, waiting for him to wake up. They wouldn’t leave him alone if they didn’t know if he was still taken by 001. Meanwhile, Mike was in the kitchen, disinfecting his wound.

Fortunately, Will was no longer taken by Henry. Negative feelings were never something that could stay with him for long. El and Jonathan acknowledged that when they saw Will slowly waking up, a bit sweaty due to fever, but his eyes were green and alive again.

- Hi there. - Jonathan said, while El went to the kitchen for some water.

Will took a few seconds to look around and remember where he was. His head ached and he felt hot. Besides, he didn’t know how he ended up sleeping in El’s room and he also had no idea of what time it was.

Will had been through the same situation many times before, so now he didn’t even care to ask what happened to him. He just wanted that nightmare to end once for all.

- Do you.. remember what happened? - Jonathan asked.

- … Barely. - Will replied, still a bit confused, sitting up carefully on the bed.

- You were…. taken. - Jonathan said, trying not to say it in a rude way.

Will nodded, as a way to tell Jonathan that he knew and understood what he was talking about.

- And… we didn’t even know the reason why it happened again. Maybe… you were feeling upset or there was something bothering you. - Jonathan said, inquiring Will.

Will nodded again, letting Jonathan know that he hadn’t been feeling well those last few days.

- Why didn’t you come to me? - Jonathan asked, patiently.

- Because… I didn’t want to be useless anymore. And I knew that if I had told you, I wouldn’t have been able to help in anything because you would’ve wanted to “protect” me or something like that. - Will replied, in a lower voice.

- You’re not useless. You will never be useless, Will. - Jonathan comforted him. - You never chose to be the one with this...  connection to 001, and being taken by him will never be your fault.

Will listened to Jonathan carefully as he tried not to think about those experiences. Those were not nice memories at all.

- And… we all knew that there was a possibility for that to happen again. - Jonathan continued. - Even you, Will. But how can we help, how can we take care of you if you don’t even take care of yourself? - He asked, worried.

- Sorry. - Will said. That was the only answer he had in mind by the moment.

- It 's okay. You know that I’ll always be here for you, right? - Jonathan said, with a little smile.

Will also smiled and then nodded.

- Me too. - he replied.

- You can always come to me, whenever you want… But please, put yourself first. We don’t want anyone else to get hurt, right?

- … Else? - Will asked, confused.

It was then that he tried to remember what had happened before, and when Jonathan realized that perhaps he had said too much.

- Where’s Mike? - Will asked.

- He just went back hom-

- He’s at the kitchen. - El interrupted Jonathan, appearing in the room again, holding a glass of water for Will. - He said he wouldn’t go anywhere.