15. No fire

That was how, after some minutes, Mike and Will finally fell asleep together. Mike fell asleep first, but it took a few more minutes for Will.

He tried not to, because he was still worried about the group in Hawkins, but he hadn't slept for two days, so it was really hard for him to stay awake, especially when he was finally surrounded by the feeling of safety that Mike's arms gave him.

That was how, after all those chaotic and angsty nights, Mike and Will finally had their little sleepover.

In Argyle's van, but at least it was something.

Hours later, Mike and Will woke up as they noticed that Argyle was already driving them to Hawkins again.

Will looked around him for a few seconds until he understood the current situation.

- We are…. we're in Hawkins. - He muttered.

- We are. Jonathan called like an hour ago. - Argyle replied, nicely.

Will smiled as the others looked at him, confused.

- I don't feel anything. Not anymore - He said, relieved. It was almost unbelievable.

The group had been successful, they killed Henry. The chaos was over. It was finally over, forever.

A few days passed after that last battle of which they knew barely anything. Will was still kinda upset about the fact that everyone needed him away in order to finally defeat Henry, but someone could make that decision seem perfect for him.

Someone who could always make him feel useful and trustworthy even at his worst moment. Someone who made each of his days perfect just for being there.

Mike.

Oh, he had not seen him since that day… when they kissed. Since the chaos ended.

Would it be the same now? What if all those things that happened between them just happened because of the fear and the impulse they felt?

Will still wondered if Mike really felt what he said, because he absolutely, truly loved Mike.

But he would know that right now, because, there he was, standing in front of Mike's door, about to knock.

Mike had called him hours ago, inviting him to hang out in the afternoon, alone. They would meet at Mike's house.

Will was nervous as hell.

When he finally knocked on the door, Nancy opened it.

- Hi, Nancy. - Will said, shyly. - Uhm… Is Mike there?

- Yeah, he's downstairs, in the basement. - Nancy replied and grinned, letting Will in. - He's waiting for you.

- Oh, thanks. - Will replied, as he headed for the basement, hesitant.

Nancy chuckled. Of course she knew everything, Jonathan had already told her it all.

Will walked slowly down the stairs. But when he finally arrived at the basement, he couldn't see Mike there.

Suddenly, his eyes were covered by a couple of familiar hands. Those hands that he would recognize at any time and place in the world.

- Mike? - Will asked.

- Shhh. - Mike replied and grinned. - I wanna show you something.

-Uhm… Hi? I don't have a good feeling about this - Will said, with a little laugh

- Don't you trust me? - Mike said.

- …. I do. - Will replied, with a little smile.

- Come with me then. - Mike said, guiding Will through the basement until they reached a mysterious gift.

- So… I heard there was a delay with shipping from California because Hawkins is still a mess and you still couldn't get your stuff, so…. I got this for you, so you don't have to wait any longer. - Mike said, uncovering Will's eyes.

Will's smile grew as he saw a big easel, canvas, brushes and paints. It was a painting set for him.

- You didn't have to do this. - Will said, turning around to look at Mike.

- Of course I had to. - Mike smiled. - I wanted to do it, so don't worry about that and just… enjoy it. - He added, kissing Will's cheek.

Will blushed as he realized that Mike's feelings were real. That they were still there, and they would never disappear.

- Thank you. - Will replied, shyly, and then hugged Mike.

Mike hugged him back tight, softly, and after that, they pulled apart so they could meet each other's eyes.

- You're welcome. - Mike replied and grinned, holding Will's hand. - I love you. I love you so much.

This time, it was Will who didn't hesitate for a second to make his lips meet Mike's, so he took that first move. Then, they began to kiss passionately, slowly, but perfectly, as if they were the perfect missing piece from each other's puzzle. It was an eternal moment for them. And it was just theirs.

There was no fear and no shame. Not anymore.

It took a few minutes for them before they finally stopped kissing, and Mike and Will didn't know how, but now they were on the basement couch, almost laying down, but they didn't care about it. It had been a necessary lack of control, that was a product of the love and desire they've both been holding for a long, long time.

But it was already over, because now, they would have each other for the rest of their lives.

That was how Mike ended their passionate kiss with a gentle, little kiss on Will's forehead as they laughed about the situation.

- We should start a new… painting. - Mike said. - But this time, with no fire, no pain.. no lies. - He added, a bit guilty.

-.Yeah, we should. - Will replied, blushing. - And we will.

- I know it will never replace the previous painting but, this time it can be better. And not because it wasn't already beautiful, but because you won't have to hide what you feel anymore. - Mike said. - Not with me.

- Never again. - Will replied. - Not with you by my side.