safety blanket

i saw this idea somewhere but forgot the authors name so credits to them for the idea

SECOND PERSON POV
____________________________

when billie walked through the door of your shared apartment, she knew something was wrong. usually you would have music playing while you cooked dinner or jumped in her arms when she walked through the door.

today though, the apartment was quiet. only the sounds of you cooking and shuffling around the kitchen could be heard.

"hi, baby." billie says, walking over to greet you with a kiss to your cheek.

"hey, bil, dinners about to be ready." you say and she nods. whenever you get upset you avoid having to talk about it and are very straightforward and billie is starting to see that.

"thank you for cooking, angel." she says. you only nod in response and start plating the food. billie becomes more concerned.

you both eat dinner together at the table and for the most part you're quiet, answering simple questions billie asks to get you to talk.

as you get up to go wash the dishes billie grabs your hand and you feel your eyes start to burn.

"baby, look at me." billie says. if you looked at her you knew you'd burst into tears. billie's hand comes up to your face to turn it towards her.

"what's wrong? are you okay?" she asks.

"i'm just having a tough day." you choke out.

billie pulls you into a hug in a way to tell you it'll be okay and that she's always with you. she knew you needed this and your glad you have a girlfriend that always knows how to make you feel better.

after a few minutes you pull away.

"thank you, baby." you murmur as she brings her hand up to wipe your tears away.

"of course. i'm always gonna be here for you, sweet girl." billie replies, holding back her own tears. she holds you a little longer, knowing you need it.

she lets you pull away first.

"i'm going to go take a shower and get ready for bed." you whisper when you pull away.

"okay, baby. i gotta go do something, it'll only take a few minutes, okay? i promise i'll be back before you go to bed." you nod and give her a small smile.

"okay. i love you." you whisper. she pulls you into a kiss before you walk away to your bedroom.

billie grabs her keys and runs out to her car. she drives to the store and gets all your favorite things, including snacks and flowers, before quickly leaving.

as promised, billie made it back home before you go to bed.

when you walk out of the bathroom you see her standing next to the bed holding flowers  and you feel your eyes start to tear up again.

"i know you said you've had a tough day and i thought i'd show you how much you mean to me." billie says with a small smile on her lips. you pout and walk over to her.

"these are the same flowers you gave me on our first date." you think out loud.

"you were so important to me then and so much more important to me now. i also got some snacks and we could watch a movie, if you'd like." billie says. you wrap your arms around her and she does the same.

"i love you so much, billie. you always know how to make me feel better."

" i love you more, baby. i would do anything for you. i'm so glad you're feeling better." she says and you know she means it.

"so you wanna eat those snacks and watch a movie?" she pokes your side playfully making you laugh.

"is it okay if we just go to sleep? i'm really tired." you ask and she smiles.

"of course, baby. we can do that another night." she replies. she leans down and kisses you softly before pulling away.

you both climbed into bed and you rests your head on billie's chest. she wraps her arms around you, holding you close.

you look up at her to see she's already looking at you. she means everything to you  and more. shes your home, your safety blanket, and your favorite person in the world.
____________________________

i didn't realize i put out three smut chapters in a row so here's this 😭

i need more fluff ideas. i love youuuu

wc: 742