sooner

TATTOOS

second person pov
____________________________

you and billie had been the bestest of friends since you could remember. lately you've realized you have developed feelings for your best friend.

you found yourself smiling at her messages and thinking about her constantly. whenever she entered a room it would immediately brighten. billie has always been there for you when no one was.

you thought that the worst part of having a crush on billie would be that she would never reciprocate those feelings. that was until she got a boyfriend, especially a shitty one.

billie always said she was fine. you were always there for her when she would be at your doorstep late at night crying. you wanted nothing but to comfort her.

she would always rant to you about her feelings for him and what he's done.

billie would say:

"it's almost like i'm invisible to him."

"we always do what he wants to do, never what i want to do."

"he's confusing."

you've told billie a million times and more that she should break up with him. she would just ignore you and change the subject.

you don't know how much more you can take. the reason billie doesn't want to break up with him was because she was used to it. even though he never made her smile anymore, she couldn't imagine not having him by her side.

today was different, though. you opened the door to your apartment and saw a crying billie, with red eyes. you stepped aside and let her walk in.

once you closed the door, you immediately embraced billie in a tight hug, letting billie cry into you as you stroked her hair softly.

"what happened?" you asked, concern laced in your tone.

"it's stupid." billie cried, her voiced muffled by your chest.

"if you're crying like this, it's not stupid. tell me what happened, bil." you said. billie pulled away from you and you took her hands.

"we were at the store because i needed to grab something real quick. he said he wanted to come with me, but i told him it wouldn't take long." billie stopped to take a deep breath. you nodded for her to keep going, rubbing your thumbs back and forth on her hands.

"as i was getting what i needed, i saw someone i knew. i wanted to go talk to him, and we were having a nice conversation." billie's voice started to get shaky as she looked down.

"take your time, love. it's okay." that one word made her look up at you. you looked at her with so much love, she hasn't felt that in a while. you listened to every word she was saying. you weren't looking away. you weren't interrupting her. you were listening to her.

in that moment she realized you've always listened. you never failed to be there for her. you never failed to make her smile, make her laugh, make her feel loved.

"i guess i was taking too long and he came in and found us. he started yelling at us, saying he was stealing me from him. he was just overall out of line."

"i told him i was just having a conversation with him and that he was being overdramatic. he, um, he slapped me in the face and i broke up with him right there. i ran here after that.

"what! are you okay? does it still hurt?" you were furious now and the expression on your face made billie laugh.

"what? i'm being serious, bil!"

"i know." billie smiled.

"he doesn't deserve you. not at all. you deserve someone so much better. someone who treats you like the only girl in the world. you're so amazing and if he can't see that he's a dick. you deserve to be with someone that makes you happy, not someone that makes you cry on a weekly basis."

"and who would that be?" billie asked, teasingly.

"me." you said without thinking.

"i mean i can help you find someone better. i'm your best friend and someone you definitely wouldn't be interested in. that'd be weird because you don't even like girls and..." you rambled on.

as much as she never wanted you to stop rambling, her focus was on your lips.

next thing you knew, billie's lips were on yours. she was kissing you.

you kissed her back and grabbed the side of her face. her lips glided against yours smoothly. she couldn't believe this was real.

when air was becoming a problem, you both pulled away. that was a kiss you never experienced before.

"woah." you breathed out, chuckling.

"i'm guessing that means you liked it?" you nodded and took her hand, smiling.

"i love you, y/n. i should've realized sooner."

"i love you too, billie. as long as you love me now, that's all that matters." you kissed her cheek softly.

"can i tell you something?"

"anything, my love." you replied. her stomach fluttered at those words. she leaned close to your ear.

"you're a really good kisser." she whispered, leaning back to see your smug smile.

"i know."
____________________________

i'm so single

i love youuu

wc: 863