Chapter 2

Channel wakes Grace up before she leaves for work.

She stops for coffee on the way to the law firm where she works as a defense attorney.

Channel first picked up the job when she moved in from Louisiana. It can be a high stress job, so she now looks forward to going to the ranch as a stress reliever.

She steps into the lobby, and to her surprise a few FBI agents are at the front desk.

"Mrs Howard these gentlemen are requesting to see you" Glenn, her assistant tells her.

"Yes how can I help you."

"I'm agent Sanchez," he shows her his badge.

Remembering the name from the other day she gets a good look at him. His eyes are black, yet pleasing to gaze into.

His voice has this deep ring to it that makes you want to hear him speak all the time. "I have a question for you, regarding a client of yours."

"We can speak in my office." Channel tells him. He follows her down the hall.

She keeps thinking, 'will he recognize my name?' She tries not to come off as awkward, seeing that his presence is sending her on edge.

Channel unlocks the door walking in and setting her things down onto her desk.

Damon closes the door, doing so, the name tag on the desk catches his eye. 'Channel Howard' it read. He chuckles softly immediately recognizing the name.

He vividly remembers reading over it on his flight back home. "A lawyer, playing a submissive in her free time." Channel's eyes go wide hearing that he did indeed recognize her name.

"Who would have guessed."

She clears her throat.

"Sir."

"No need for an explanation love. Now, about this recent client of yours. What can you tell me about him?"

Channel opens her file cabinet to dig for the file. "Nile Vermin came in last week but haven't called or talked to me again since then."

She hands him the file.

"I assumed he didn't want my help any more. So I took on someone else."

Damon closes the file handing it back to her now having everything he needs to know. "I'll get back to you if you need anything else." He said.

"Okay thank you."

"Have a good day Mrs. Howard." He tells her as he leaves.

Channel sits down and dials Grace number. She picks up on the second ring.

"Grace oh my god, Damon came by the office."

❦ ❦

❦ PINTEREST: @badglam ❦ TIKTOK: @softnakd

PINTEREST: @badglam
TIKTOK: @softnakd