Chapter 5

"Damon." He turns around when hearing his name.

A small smirks forms on his lips a Channel walks over to him. "Why are you searching my office?"

She frowns seeing the agents take things out. "There was a small break in the case with Nile. Someone has made the claim that you were the last person to see him."

"Do you have a warrant?" She crossed her arms over her chest. Damon holds back his comment on the small attitude she gives him. "Yes, we do." He shows her the slip of paper.

Channel huffs walking out of her office. "Finish up here. I'll be back." Damon tells his partner.

He takes off his gloves and steps out to find Channel. She is in the conference room fixing herself a cup of coffee.

"Don't stress over this, you'll get your personal things back." She turns to him. "You could have at least called me first." She tells him.

"There was no time, didn't I warn you about talking to me like that?"

"Yes but I didn't care to listen."

He chuckles, amused by her efforts to get a reaction out of him. Damon throws away the gloves and cleans his hands.

He refrains from lifting her onto the counter and taking her for the remarks. He instead fixes himself a cup of coffee as well. "I'll pick you up at eight tomorrow for dinner, yeah?"

"Okay," Channel smiles at him.

"Great, have a good day love." He tells her as he leaves.

Channel bites her lip feeling excited, she just couldn't wait for dinner with him.

Glen walks in with papers in his hands. "All of your hearings and meetings have been pushed back for now, until this all blows over at least."

"Okay, how many clients have I lost?"

"Maybe four, on the verge of five. The media is making it seem like you are helping Nile."

"Of course they are, why wouldn't they." Channel huffs.

❦ ❦

❦ PINTEREST: @badglam ❦ TIKTOK: @softnakd

PINTEREST: @badglam
TIKTOK: @softnakd