𝗼𝗻𝗲; lady annette

A young girl rested inside her old make treehouse, a pile of books lining up, surrounding the space. Her hazel eyes glistening in the sunlight that glows in the room, one light stream striking her face. She was fiddling a pencil in-between her fingers as her curious hazel eyes read the words across the page.

Once she teared her eyes away from the page, outside the treehouse, she saw a glimpse of a dove, her eyes carefully watched it, meticulously picking out that little details on the small bird. She smiled as her eyes bring it way back to the book, her index finger dancing along the edge of the paper, rubbing it as she reads.

This was Annette Rosalind, Marquise of Basilweather. The first woman, the oldest to become a viscountess. She was the brightest light the Tewkesbury family needs right now.

Her title as a viscountess in the late 80s means a wife, a widow to a viscount. And, a woman who holds the rank of viscount her own right.

"Annie!" A faint voice that belongs to a woman shouts in the far outside the woods, well, near the woods.

You see, Annie doesn't like the inside of the Basilweather halls, so when she got the chance to hang out under the sun, she'll go inside the woods. Where she built a treehouse, when she was 8, she built it with her father just a year before he died. It took her 2-3 weeks to decorated the small room.

The eight years she have with her father, she had learn; The Language of Flowers, The Language of Dance. Her father might as well teaches her; Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Science and Astronomy. Twice a week, in the midnight, she would go outside of her balcony to learn about the stars. But not just that you know, she had to do a lot of research in the Basilweather library halls.

"Annie!" The voice brought her out of her trance once more, only it became more clear to hear. Her mother.

Lady Coraline Tewkesbury.

She quickly get up to her knees and peeked her head, until her waist length outside the treehouse's window. She had to pull up the cloth that she had been hanging there as if to close the window.

She saw a glimpse of a woman, her mother. Just the sight of her makes her groan (don't worry, she loves her mother so much) while throwing her head back, slamming the book shut with a noise, she put the book on a random piles of one of the books and stands up quickly to find her mother.

She comb her hair using her fingers, and brush her dress in case there's dirt or dust. She quickly get out of the treehouse and uses the rope that was attached from a thick twig that was just above the treehouse. It has a stairs but, Annette being her wild self always took the rope to the way down.

Her boots finally touch the grass and she let go of the rope, glancing up quickly to find her mother. She sprinted towards the edge of wood, where the Basilweather halls are and find her mother was waiting impatiently for the young girl.

"Ah," Lady Coraline gasp as she saw her daughter walking out of the woods, "There you are my lady, you cannot just waltz there into the woods when you've got some serious business going on in your family. What if you got hurt? You know there's a lot of wild animals there in the deep dark woods, and what if anything something happens to you and I can't protect you." Her mother reminded worriedly as Annie was now walking by her side.

"Mother, I'm a grownup woman now, I'm 16, I can handle myself and besides there's no such thing as wild animals wandering in the woods. Even if it has been wandering around, it's normal. The woods and the forest are their natural home. And, it's okay there's one time," She stop halfway when her mother raises both her eyebrows in a knowing look.

"Two times," I look away from her, wearing a big smile on my face, "There was two times a fox wandering around the treehouse." She assured.

Lady Coraline smiled and nodded, "Are you sure you're okay?" They're both now on their way to the Basilweather halls.

"Yes, yeah, of course." Lady Coraline knew it was a lie coming out of her daughter's mouth considering she knew there's a lot of going inside of her daughter's mind.

"You sure my little bug?" Lady Coraline asked in concern, embrace her in a short hug, just as she wants to pull away. Annette tighten the grip around her mother, bringing her back to her body, the action brought a smile on Lady Coraline's face as she hugged back.

"I'm sure, mother." Annie muffled voice was heard under her mother's grip.

"Hey, little bug," Lady Coraline pulls away, "There's something I need to talk to you about," She said, her voice hinted a worry tone.

"Yeah, mother what is it?" Her mother didn't tell her anything as she looked down in silence. A few minutes passed, she looks up again, quietly letting out s breath she didn't know she was holding.

"You're getting married." Her mother blurted out. Annette taken back at her words. 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥? But she's not ready yet, and not to mention, she was still young.

Her mother searched her face, as Annie opened her mouth to speak, her mother interrupted her,

"Let's just.. get inside, shall we? We discussed this inside." Lady Coraline smiled, her arms brought out for her daughter. Even when she's confused at what was happening, she smiled at the sight of her mother's hand so she took it and they both make their way to the Basilweather halls.

They both soon arrived at the hall, and as Lady Coraline goes inside her room to do something, Annie decided to explore around the halls, since she didn't spend much time in it, the only time she would spend is when she eats, take a shower and sleep.

As voices starting to heard from the living room, Annie sneakily make her way to the living room and peak her eyes to see an odd man who is an outsider, her grandmother and her uncle.

The three looks up when they noticed Annie approach them. Walking in, her curious eyes asking 'what's going on?'

Her grandmother smiled mischievously before patting a seat next to her, "Annie, come in, we need to talk, something about-"

"Marriage?"

(i don't like this one bit <3)

(i hate my writing with kindness <3)