𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲; attract the bloody sharks

The stolen automobile brought Enola and Annette to the path down the woods. They escaped from Miss Harrison's School and has stolen the Headmistress' automobile. Enola will give it back.. eventually.

"Thank you." Enola begin, continued driving, feeling amused. "That was, uh, you did save me." She gives Annette a quick smile, noticing the black hair falling over the side of her face.

Annette chuckled in response, hanging on for dear life as Enola continued driving.

"The best bit was my idea but you did save me." Enola shrugs. Annette continued looking at Enola. "You're welcome... I think." She smiled.

"I didn't like it in there." Enola comments.

Annette eyed her, expectedly. "No. No, of course not. Now, let's get back to London and find a proper hiding place." She suggested, wanting nothing more to escape and make new plans with Enola, hoping she'll agree.

Enola keeps quiet, staring off the distance and focusing on the path before she pulls the brakes, making a screeching noise.

Annette eyed her girl- the girl, having no clue what she's thinking.

"Why have we stopped?" asked Annette.

She didn't get an answer. "Enola, whatever you're planning..."

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘬, 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴. 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘌𝘯𝘰𝘭𝘢.

A beat dropped. "We need to go to Basilwether." Enola deadpan.

She pushed the breaks the same time Annette looks at her confused and shock. Just how crazy her girl can be? "What?" Annette eyed her, confused.

"An injustice has occured. It's time to right some wrongs." Enola explains. She grunts, pulling out a newspaper. "You want a culprit, find the motive."

𝘿𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙇𝙊𝘾𝙆 𝙄𝙉 𝙇𝙊𝙍𝘿𝙎 𝘼𝙎 𝙑𝙊𝙏𝙀 𝙇𝙊𝙊𝙈𝙎 — 𝘓𝘈𝘚𝘛 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘊𝘌 𝘍𝘖𝘙 𝘈 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌

"I don't understand." Annette said, shaking her head.

"When were you due to be inducted into the Lords?" Enola asked.

𝘐'𝘮 𝘝𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦 𝘛𝘦𝘸𝘬𝘦𝘴𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘺.

𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦.

"Imminently." Annette said, giving her a look.

"How would you have voted on the bill?" Enola asked.

𝘝𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘯!

"The same as my father. I'd be for it." Annette said shrugging, still haven't got to the point, but she's searching for it.

Enola blinks, "Who knew that?" She asked.

𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯.

"And who stands to gain the estate with your father dead and if you die?" Enola asked.

Annette stared ahead. Her uncle. "My uncle." She gasps out.

𝘔𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳-𝘪𝘯-𝘭𝘢𝘸 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴. 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘶𝘵.

"You think this is my uncle's doing?" Annette asked, eyeing her carefully. Her clueless mind seeing it all clearly.

Enola gives her a look. "Doesn't it make sense?"

"But he's a powerful man. What on earth could we do?" Annette said, huffing.

"Solve the crime, of course." Enola gives her a grin.

Annette facepalm, staring at the side. "Enola, we are both extremely lucky to have lived this long, and you want to drive us into a place where there is most certain danger?" She argued.

"Sometimes, Lady Annette, you have to dangle your legs in the water to attract the bloody sharks!" Enola snaps into Annette's face.

Annette eyed her, raising an eyebrow. "Why would we want to attract the bloody sharks?" She argued back, confused.

Enola sighs, staying silent. She thinks back her brother's word and turns away. "Good point."

★