𝘁𝘄𝗼; the runaway marquise

Well, simply put, the marriage was arranged and intended to be for the sake of Romeo's family and their social lives. A noble family that had their wealth squandered by the father's gambling addiction. With little respect remaining, the Josephs reached out to many people with the offer of their son ------ almost all refused, all except the Tewkesbury family. Well, Dowager Lady Basilweather.

Annie refused, however, but for the sake of them, she has to accept. All of her grandmother's forces and her uncle and mum's pleading, she can't say no to them. She has no choice but to be in a forced marriage.. or an arranged marriage, both?

And, in honesty, Annette had low expectations. How could anyone besides her mother and father, even love her? The marriage was purely political.

Atleast that's what Annie went into it thinking.

She came out absolutely enamored with Romeo. There was something about him that drew Annette in and wished she'd never leave his side. His delicate yet divine features drew her in and his spirit and personality kept her locked in. The two balanced each other, not quite yin-and-yang but something similar.

The first day she met Romeo, they went into the woods and have a lovely picnic there, with flowers surrounding the spectacular scenery. She was reserved, he tended to speak his mind. She was still cold in her emotions, Romeo was an open book. Romeo loves music, when the sun shone and exploring. Annette loves books, the sound of rain, midnight, and exploring. Too.

Their differences brought them together even when they have only known eachother for a week.

••

4 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿..

She's on a runaway.

Lady Annette is on a runaway.

She's on her way to the train, her family trailing not so far behind her. Her wild raven hair that was pinned up into a proper bun came down into a lose as the girl kept running. Her hand was clutching onto her blue silk dress.

She brought two bags with her: Empty large suitcase and a bag where she has money around £750 pounds, important items and valuable things in it.

She realizes she doesn't have any tickets when she reached the train station. It took her to gave the guard £35 pounds sterling and a croissants bread that she had for breakfast just for him to let her get on board.

Today is Annie's engagement day. The day she's gonna get engaged to the noble man, Romeo Joseph. All these days she had been with him, she realised she loved him. And he loves her. But no, she has no love to gave him, she was afraid. He wanted a bride, but she wanted to make her own name.

So she ran.

And the moment she gets into the train, she search for an empty carriage and tossed her suitcase upwards, upon hearing her mother's worried voice. She looked around outside the train and find her mother, her uncle and her grandmother. She saw a strange looking boy making his way to her carriage so she quickly climb up into the seat and before she knew it, she was inside the bag, a little knife in her palm.

Her quickening breath is the only thing she heard inside of the suitcase as the door to the carriage slowly opened.

The soft sounds of boots and a slump on the cushion were heard. The sound of the train loudly whistle, meaning the train will aboard.

A soft sigh release her lips as the train moved in a slow pace, slowly starting to speed up.

This is her chance to get out of the deadly bag. Oh how is she still alive?