𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁; a day in london

She had a plan. Why she ran to London. She had her reason to make her breadcrumb trail. Little did she know that her plan led her to a dangerous situation. Her plan. They were all in her 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲.

••

White wine of bitter sunlight kissed Annette in the morning as the next day has begun.

She starts her day with breakfast: she goes to a tea shop. And have her breakfast there. She strolled down the street once again, hat covering her identity. Gloves covering her hand and she carry herself with dignity and sophistication.

She walks in the door and the doorbell was heard. She greeted the waitress and ordered her breakfast: muffins and a cup of tea.

She take her seat, as she waited for her order, she read a book she took from the bookshelves. She heard a thud from upstairs as the chandelier rattles.

Her eyes squinting in curiosity, so she asked the waitress who's serving Annette the food she ordered, "What's up there?"

"Noisy bloody women!" The waitress chuckled as Annette smiled.

••

She finished her breakfast, payed the money and went outside the shop. But little did she know that a glimpse of young woman, dressed in red came running downstairs in time.

She find herself on the way to the bookshops. Surprisingly, outside of the bookshop, there's stack of newspapers lining up so she buys one. She kept her face covered and walk inside the bookshop.

Grabbing a couple books of Jane Austen and Charles Dickens. She payed the money for the newspaper as well and went directly to her lodging house.

Separating yesterday's newspaper and today's newspaper. She began to read. And think.

5 hours went by and she spent her morning time studied and read the newspaper. As she realized it's afternoon. Alright, lunch!

She ordered a sandwich and brought it back to the lodging house. Then, she continued her reading. Except, this time, she reads the novel and gently tossed the newspaper aside.

3 hours went by and she stopped her reading, bringing her book with her, she decided to buy some finest thing they have in London.

A locket.

She went to a jewelry store. She buy a few locket and bracelet. Her fingers grazed along the locket that was now on her neck. She smiled and hummed at the sight of her.

••

The sun has set and moon took over the earth. It lights glows in Annette's room as she's still doing her research. Yawning, she covered her mouth and her eyes were batting tiredly. She cleaned all the newspapers and books and went to the toilet to look at her proper self.

It was midnight, past 2. She washed her face and brushed her teeth, humming her favourite song and she went to bed.

Planning her next plan tomorrow.