𝘀𝗶𝘅; the marquise case

"No one on the train, no one on the boats, no one anywhere." Mycroft voice was heard as he entered the room, taking a seat next to Sherlock, who's reading a newspaper about: The Lords face Crucial Vote. "The girl has simply vanished. Of course, it doesn't help that England's suddenly consumed by this ridiculous marquise." He showed the newspaper that reads: Young Marquise reported missing.

"Sir?" An attendant approaches. "Sherry, please." said Mycroft. "Certainly sir." said the attendant before walking away. "You haven't been offered it, have you?" asked Mycroft to Sherlock.

"What?" Sherlock questioned.

"The Marquise case."

"I knew her father, obnoxious sort. Liberal but worth a fortune." Mycroft said. "I have, and I refused it." Sherlock spoke. Mycroft turned to look at his brother, "I'm rather more consumed elsewhere." "Oh, in finding our Mother?"

"In finding our sister." He finally looked at Mycroft. Mycroft's lips gaped in surprise, "No," he pointed a finger at Sherlock. "No, your job, I made clear, was to find Mother." He shakes his head.

"I'm looking for her too, as will, no doubt, Enola." He grabbed a cup of sherry from the desk.

"You never cared about her before"

"She's only 16. Same age as the marquise." He showed Mycroft a small smile.

Mycroft's lips twitch to a smile, then it vanished. "You haven't given our name in the search for her."

"Of course not." said Sherlock. "I don't want anyone knowing our business more than you do." "Oh, don't worry little brother. She may have escaped us for now but I have the best police officers in London looking for a child matching her description." Mycroft smirked. "And they will find that stupid little girl and bring her back to us."

In the hand of Sherlock Holmes, the newspaper reads: 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗕𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗢𝗡 𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗡 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦 - 𝗔 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗔 𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗣 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗡.

Sherlock smirked and raised his eyebrow, looking over Mycroft. "Reform." Mycroft said, blankly as he showed his brother the newspaper he was holding. "God help us. If there's one thing this country doesn't need. It's more uneducated voters. England is going to pot." Mycroft snapped as the man in the background snores loudly.

" Mycroft snapped as the man in the background snores loudly