𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻; rescuing enola

Enola Holmes: Some days, she's a warrior. Some days she's a broken mess. Most days, she's a bit of both. But everyday she's there. Standing. Fighting. Trying.

Enola found herself observing the view infront of her. The view of her dorm as she quietly stared at it, tears threatening to spill down.

"Do you know why I am an educator?" Miss Harrison said. "It's because I want to make people happy, I want you to live a full and vibrant life. Not with anger and endless questions, but with answers." She reminded. "I prepare my girls for the world, for the 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 world. I would never abandon you." Miss Harrison announced. "And leave you to fend yourself."

Enola turned and inspected the old woman. "Yes," Miss Harrison spoke again. "Mycroft told me."

"My mother had her reasons." Enola blink and look away. "I'm sure she did." Enola look around uncomfortably. "I knew your mother." Miss Harrison added. "We were friends for a while. At school. She was a peculiar little thing." She continued to explain, "Was always unpredictable, always challenging. She never truly cared for anything except her own unusual ideas." Miss Harrison scoffed, shrugging.

Enola squint her eyes in annoyance, "She cared for 𝘮𝘦." She glared instantly at the woman.

"Then why did she leave you? Same as your.. little friend out there." She chuckled, "Hm.. what was her nam-"

"Don't. Drag her into this." Enola snapped, her eyes turned incandescently to anger.

Miss Harrison hummed, staring at the girl unbothered. "Prefect will accompany you to and from lessons. This door will always be kept locked,"

"You'll thank me, one day, when you're happily married with a pair of strapping boys." Miss Harrison turned her body to opened the door. "Sleep well, Enola." With that, she gets out and locked Enola in the room.

••

"Mother thought I was extraordinary. Extraordinary." Enola hummed in happiness as she talked to her stuffed toy and gently put it aside.

She grabbed the newspaper that was laying next to her and going to hide it under the pillow before she caught sight of something that's in the newspaper.

𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗦 𝗔𝗦 𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗠𝗦

"The Lords.." She whispers. She pull a paper inside the newspaper.

𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗔𝗗𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗚 𝗟𝗔𝗗𝗬.

𝚂𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 :-
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚠𝚔𝚎𝚜𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚢, 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.

"Lord. Lady." Just thinking of her friend makes her heart sink. "Every vote counts." Enola glared ahead of her.

Just then, a knock on the door snapped Enola out of her trance. She gasp in surprise and took notice of the door.

"Deliver from Ferndell Hall." A muffled voice spoke.

Hiding her newspapers, she quickly bolt towards the door and open it gently. "Care of Mr. Mycroft Holmes."

"What does he want?" Enola sighs.

"Well," the man sighs "whatever it is. It's heavy." He started to lift up the large basket case.