𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲; the lady and the detective?

37 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

Annette hurriedly make her way to her carriage in fear. She opened the door with force, making the boy looked up at her in a confusing expression.

"He's coming!" She exclaimed in fear. "Of course." The boy replied, bluntly. God, how annoying he is. Yet, she still counting on him.

"He's checking every carriage." "Wonderful." Annette rolled her eyes. "You have to help me." She stared as the boy picked up his coat.

She breathed heavily, "He didn't see me." "Of course, he did. Therefore, I say good day to you, Viscountess Annette Tewkesbury, Marquise of Basilweather." He sarcastically spoke, looking at her before making his way to the door.

Annie groan quietly as she rolled her eyes, 'Only God knows how much I hate this boy's gut.'

The boy steps out but not before he gave his last glare at Annie, "You do remind me of my uncle. You have that same stare." She chuckled forcefully as the boy rolled his eyes, shutting the door close.

'Now what?' Annie thought, rolling her eyes at the boy's action.

Not even for a 5 seconds, Annie saw a glimpse of a man, standing out of her carriage. The man. The man in the brown bowler hat. The one she had seen 37 seconds ago.

He wore a smugly smirk as his eyes landed on Annette. 'God, what a creep." Annie thought in disgust. "Ah, there you are, madam." He opened the door with a mischievous stare making her feeling uncomfortable. Like, extremely uncomfortable.

Before she could even react, the man had grabbed her dress collar in a choke action. He had her pinned against the door on the other side of the train.

Annette let out a struggling grunts, "Gah! Let me go! You creepy nincompoop!" She tried to punch the man, but he dodge it as he clicked the door unlocked.

The door was forcedly open by the gust of wind and the man pushed her head out, still holding onto her collar.

Annette screams at the sudden action, as she looked at her left, she saw a brick wall, not too far from the train. Her eyes widened as she realized the man was trying to kill her.

"No! Ugh! Let me go!" She trashed her arms around to slap and punch the man, but he's much stronger. He hold her collar aggressively by pushing her slightly outside of the train. She gasped in fear as she tighten her right grip on the door.

She took a quick glance to the left to find that the brick wall is getting near her. "Help! Help! Help!"

A yell was heard as the man that was holding her collar was yelling in pain, holding his neck. His action has put Annette to the edge of the door, she yelp as she hold the door tightly.

Just as she felt a hand grabbing her arm, her eyes remains on the brick wall. She screams as someone pulled her back inside the train. The boy.

She glanced at her right to find the man was grunting in pain. So they took the advantage to run away, not before Annie quickly took her reticule bag where she kept her important items. They sped up in the hallway, turning a corner.

"Who is that! He was trying to kill me!" Annie exclaimed behind the boy. "I'm not ready to die on the train." She whined.

"I'm not ready to die at all. I wasn't going to before I met you!" The boy snapped in anger and annoyance.

"Where are we going?" Annie asked as the boy checked every carriage to find an empty one, but there's no empty carriage as it fills with people.

"I don't know yet, let me think!" He came to a stop to an opened carriage as a woman gasped.

'Does he have any manners?' Annie thought in embarrassment and frustration.

As the boy began to sped off, she apologize politely, "Terribly sorry," she nodded while apologetically smile.

They came to a stop on a door as the boy opened it, gasp leaving his mouth as they realize they have come to a stop on the edge of the train, connecting to the other one.

"Is this truly the best way to come?" She asked. "Can you think of a better way?" He asked, glancing back at her.

'I'm supposed there's some truth in there.' She thought as the boy step into the other train.

Annette shudders as she closed the door behind her, stepping out to get next ot the boy.

"Do you trust me!" The boy exclaimed, looking at her. "No!"

He breathed heavily, "If we time it correctly, we can leave him stranded!" He shouts, over the gust of wind. "Time what exactly?" Annette stupidly answered.

"Listen, Annette. We have two choices!"

"And which involves me 𝘯𝘰𝘵 dying!" Annie exclaimed sarcastically. The boy rolled his eyes as the door that was closed by Annie was now open by the man.

The both of them stared at him in confusion and terrified. The boy looked over his shoulder and grabbed Annette's arm. "This one!" He shouted as they jumped. Annette squeal in shocked, they both grunting and out of breath as they rolled on the hills. They came to a stop as the boy grabbed onto the rock, his hat fallen off. Annette was grabbing onto the dirt and the grass, and the rock as well.

When she turned to look at the boy, face red, ready to scold him. Her gaze softened. The boy wasn't a boy at all.

She's a girl! A pretty one, that's what Annie thought.

"Ha!" The girl flinch at Annette's sudden outburst. "I knew you're a girl! You're not a boy at all!" She smirked in victory, her arms crossing. The girl stared at her in disbelief and annoyance.

"But ugh," Annie spoke again. "My dress! Look at my dress!" She whined, Annie wasn't a big fan of a dress, but she's not a big fan of the dirt either. "My dress is dirty! It's so dirty!" She groaned, brushing her fingers across her blue silk dress that's now covered in slight dirt.

"Yeah, that's what the dirt do." The girl hummed and stands up. "Up." She commands as she hovered over Annette's body.

She looked up slowly, fluttering when she saw the girl's position. "Hello, you." Annie whispers, but her tone somehow flirty.

The girl groans and grabbed her forcedly by the arm. Annette yelp. The girl groaned, and walk away. Annie hummed and trail behind her, down the hills.