9

"Why would you do that?" I asked. I looked at Antonio, pissed, and he didn't seem to care. "What? He was being dramatic, plus, I don't know why you like him so much; you can't even talk to him," He spoke. My eyes widened, and I felt angry. "Do you hear yourself? You sound like a dick," I spoke. I walked closer to them and began to gather my things. "You too, Michelle, you were rude the other day and kept touching him after I and he told you to stop," I spoke.

"He was laughing," She defended.

"He didn't know what else to do! How can both of you be insensitive?" I asked. I looked at gilbert, hoping he would take my side, but he also looked like he didn't care. "Francis, it isn't a big deal; maybe just leave him alone," Gilbert added. My eyes widened, and I began to gather my things.

"Come on, Where are you going?" Antonio asked. "I am getting away from you," I spoke. "Why do you care so much?" Michelle asked. I was getting really frustrated and did not want to be around them. "Because! I like him, and we are friends," I spoke. "Really? You like him? or maybe you want more?" Antonio asked. I can't believe he said that.

"Yeah, if you want a hook-up, I can introduce you to someone else, anyone else. He will get too attached; he doesn't have friends," Gilbert spoke. I closed my eyes and tried to calm my breathing. "First, I am not trying to screw him! I am leaving; call me when all of you decide to stop being assholes," I spoke.

"Whoa! we are being honest! We would not be your friends if we were not honest," Antonio spoke.

"You snatched his hearing aid out and made him bleed!" I yelled.

"I was curious as to why he was wearing them in the first place. Why did he wear or need them if he can't hear?" He asked. I began to glare at him and shake my head. "He wears them, so people know he is deaf! So people like Michelle don't go around yelling and touching him; it makes him uncomfortable. How would you feel if someone came up to you and started yelling and shaking you?" I asked. "He can't hear me anyway, so what's the harm?" Michelle asked. I was getting more frustrated.

"He can still tell! He isn't blind," I spoke.

"Well, how were we supposed to know? he doesn't look deaf!" Gilbert added. Really? This again?

"How exactly do deaf people look?" I asked. I looked at all of them, and they stayed silent. "Exactly, all of you were being rude for the fun of it. If I like him, isn't that enough? Why do all of you need to decide who I would be good friends with?" I asked. They stayed silent again, and I shook my head. "All of you were making fun of him in front of his friend too, which makes it worse! It shows all of you have no shame. Who cares if he has a loud laugh, he isn't hurting anyone; he is happy, why be annoyed by it?" I asked, and again, nothing. "Bye," I spoke. I turned around to leave, and they still tried to call me, but I ignored them.

I knew that if I tried to contact Arthur, he would not answer me. Great! I screwed up. I walked out of the bar and looked around. Our sudden friendship might seem weird to them, but I really liked being around Arthur. I was learning sign language for him, and I wasn't going to give up because my so-called friends wanted to act like heartless idiots.

I liked Arthur a lot, we did our best to talk to each other, and wasn't that enough? We liked each other and tried? Especially me; I tried really hard. I want to say sorry, but I knew he wouldn't just let me contact him. He would ignore me.

Thinking about him was nice. Although he sometimes gets overwhelmed by everything around him, he is not a pushover. I never wanted to ask about his disability because I felt that maybe it might be inappropriate, and I could wait till he told me. My heart began to beat faster, thinking about him. He had taken my breath away in the most selfish way possible. He didn't realize what he had done to me, and it made him selfish.

He wasn't the one that was going to get attached; it was me. I had gotten attached, and I would do anything possible to spend as much time with him as I could.

As I continued to think about it, something crossed my mind.

"No! I don't have a crush on him," I laughed out loud. It was ridiculous, and we were just friends. This was not going to stop me; I was going to keep trying with him. I would learn to talk with him, and we will live happily ever after. THE END!

I just need to find a way to see him again. I should not go to his house because it could be weird; I need to find a way to run into him again.

Suddenly...It hit me.

My eyes widened, looking at Yao's message about that seminar.

It was this week! I can go! I can go and meet him there and try and talk to him!

Yes! It was perfect!

I clicked the link he sent and began signing up for the month's sessions. This was it!

"ARTHUR KIRKLAND! YOU WILL BE MY FRIEND!" I shouted.

People looked at me as they passed, and I laughed nervously, saying sorry. I got this!

I began to walk away from the bar, determined. Let's hope this doesn't flop, and he never wants to see me again. That would be terrible, and I don't know what I would do. I need to stay focused and not let anything get in the way of my mission!