- 8 -

I walked out of the school premises, looking around the place.

What does Jiwoo like?

According to Jake, she doesn't like bugs, untidy places, bad grades, and men.

I looked into a corner, finding a flower shop nearby. I smiled to myself, looking at the pretty flowers. Everything reminded me of Jiwoo, due to her beauty.

I reached out for a bouquet of white roses. They were really pretty and resembled innocence, purity, loyalty, but also loneliness. I always noticed her being alone at school and at Jake's house, even when she was with her friend she seemed lonely.

An old lady stood at the counter of the store, watching me walk up to her.

"How much is this, halmeoni?" I asked, holding out the bouquet.

"Aigoo, are you buying that for your girlfriend?" she asked, squinting her eyes at me.

I nodded in reply, having her shake her head.

"You kids these days...always buying things for your girlfriends or boyfriends," she said, snatching the flowers from me.

"You're supposed to spend quality time with them, not just money!"

I looked at her, lowering my gaze. "I try to, but she just pushes me away!"

"Really?" she asked, patting down on the plastic stool beside her.

"Yes! Every time I try to get closer to her, or even talk to her, she always glares at me. There are no problems between us, and she's so pretty and smart, halmeoni~ I want her to like me back."

"Then you must be the problem!"

"But-"

"See, you should try- wait, did you just say like?" she asked, her eyes bulging.

I nodded my head, and she scowled at me, throwing the bouquet at my face.

"What do you expect from her, huh!? She's only your crush, yet you expect her to behave like a girlfriend!" she yelled, putting a hand to her temple, "Aish, kids have such weird mindsets.."

"Help me~ I need to know how to make her like me back~" I said, clasping my hands together while begging.

She looked at me with a disappointed glint in her eyes, then said, "Take your time with her, if she isn't comfortable with you yet. Take her on dates, spend time with her, and if you want spend your money on her. Make sure she feels happy with you all the time."

"But halmeoni, there's one problem," I said, smiling nervously.

"What is it?"

"I'm best friends with her brother."

She stared at me for a while in surprise, then waved a hand. "So what, screw her brother and just go for her if you truly love her."

"I'm impatient, though."

"Then get lost, you rascal!" she exclaimed, smacking my shoulder.
"I'm not here to solve all your problems, eh!? I work day and night, sweeping the house and store, watering the plants, picking flowers to sell, working my butt off, and here you come complaining about your love life!"

"I got it, ma'am!" I replied, shielding my face from the flying hands she threw, "But how much is the bouquet?"

"Take it for free."

"Seriously!? No~" I said, shaking my head in denial.

"Just go, you little rat. Surprise that girl of yours."

"Heeseung?" said a voice from behind.

I looked around and saw Jiwoo, standing there with an ice cream cone in her hand.

I then sat down on the flowers, in an attempt to hide them

But even that came with consequences.

The grandma smacked my head, scolding me for sitting on her counter and poor flowers, while those damn roses poked my ass with their thorns.

"Ow!" I yelled in pain, jumping off and holding my butt, swearing in pain.

"Ya, don't swear around me, you-!" she said, batting my butt even more with a straw broom.

"Hey, are you perhaps the girlfriend of this punk?" she asked Jiwoo, smiling at her.

"Uh, girlfriend?" said Jiwoo, looking from me to the lady.

"No!" I exclaimed, grabbing the flowers and sneakily leaving 100,000 won on the side of the counter while they weren't looking, "These aren't for her!"

"What? Then which girl is prettier than her?" she said, pinching Jiwoo's cheek as she continued to smile at her.

"It's for another girl."

"Yes, halmeoni. I'm not his girlfriend," said Jiwoo, smiling back at her.

"Aigoo, you should date her! She's so cute and kind!"

"Let's go," I said to Jiwoo, dragging her away. "Bye, halmeoni~!" we both exclaimed, waving to the old lady.

"Yah, you punk! You left your money!"

I grinned to myself, accomplishing my goal.

"Are those really for your girlfriend?" Jiwoo asked, eyeing me and the roses while walking.

"Yeah, they are for my girlfriend," I replied, handing them to her.

She looked at them in confusion, "What?"

"They're for you," I replied, avoiding eye contact.

She gasped, "Aww, thank you!"

Taking them into her hands, I doubt she even cared that I gave them. She smelled them and hugged them to her chest, shaking her shoulders while hugging them.

Cute.

Out of intention, I stopped her, grasping her shoulders. She looked at me, her eyes wide. 

It felt like everything had stopped around us again, the only thing I could focus on was her. 

The same feeling I felt when she fell into my lap.

I gazed down to her lips, my thumb brushing over her bottom lip. She had frozen completely, stunned by what I was doing. Though it was like we were both entranced by each other.

Leaning in closer, I whispered into her ear.

"Can I kiss you?"