- 21 -

"Jiwoo."

I turned around, seeing Jake holding a piece of paper. He was smiling, waving it in the air before saying, "You got it!"

"Huh?"

"You're president! Everyone voted for you!" he exclaimed, hugging me while holding the paper out to my face.

I chuckled, laughing at his happy face. I was also happy that I got the position, but it meant that I was going to have to face Daeji. I didn't want to fight her, and I was too fed up to anyway.

"Hey, are you okay? Your face looks tired," said Jake, his brows forming a frown.

"It's nothing, really. Anyway, it says I have to go to the principal to receive the badge and talk about responsibilities. See you!"

I speed-walked away from him, hoping to not bump into anyone annoying. Of course, that wasn't possible. Everyone here was annoying.

Heeseung.

He bumped into my shoulder, and I sighed, walking away before he grabbed my wrist.

"Hey! Don't walk away from me," he said, looking at me.

I scoffed, "Don't talk to me, you jerk."

"What, you're just gonna forget about last night?"

"Nothing happened. In fact, I don't know why I was so stupid to even help you."

"Jiwoo-"

"I let you into my house, my heart, believing that you would be the one I love and not get hurt by. I shared my thoughts, feelings, and pain with you and you just hurt me back!"

"What, how-?"

"You cheated on me that night, and made it very clear that we were over! Despite that, I ditched Jay and slept with you," I scowled.

"Don't say his name," said Heeseung, angrily.

"Don't get so pissed over him, he did nothing wrong! You're a disgusting guy who uses girls for your own pleasure, sleeping with her, playing her and then ditching her. That's all you are, unlike Jay."

"Stop talking about him!"

"What, jealous?" said a voice behind Heeseung, and I leaned to the side to see Jay with his arms crossed, smirking.

"Stay out of this," said Heeseung, turning to me, "Jiwoo, just give me a chance to prove myself! I promise I'll be good for you!"

"You said that last time."

"Just, please don't leave me! The first time isn't always good, but a second chance can get things better. Please," he pleaded, taking my hands into his.

I stepped back, looking at Jay, and he had a look on his face. 'It's-time-to-choose' kind of look.

I bit my lip, regretting even meeting Heeseung, then saying, "Fine, your second and last chance."

Heeseung's face brightened up, while Jay sighed, turning to walk away.

"Jay, wait!" I rushed up to him, standing in front of him, "I'm sorry."

"Because you used me? No, it's fine. I told you to, anyway, it's not your fault."

"Don't blame anyone for this other than me, this is all because of me," my voice lowering so Heeseung couldn't hear, "I'm sorry, I really wish I had told you this yesterday but-"

"I love you, I always will. No matter how long it takes, I'll wait for you."

I looked at him, a sad smile forming on his face before he walked away. I turned to him, watching him. I bit back the regret I was feeling and turned, seeing Heeseung standing there.

"Tonight, I'll take you on a date. One you'll never be able to forget."

"Hm, okay," I replied, walking towards the principal's office. 

The principal seemed to not have heard all of that, but I didn't mind. It was good that he didn't.

˚₊‧꒰ა 🌧️ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

I sat down on the couch, looking around Dad's office. I sighed, thinking back to earlier, when Jiwoo chose Heeseung.

I chuckled; it's always been Heeseung.

According to my Dad, family, friends, the love of my life, Heeseung was always more lively, funny, good-looking, popular, laid back...

Better than me in every way.

All Dad thought I was capable of is being able to maintain a good business, unlike Heeseung. That's what kept me alive, the only good thing he's ever said to me.

His assistant walked in, "Hello, young sir. I'm afraid your father won't be able to make it to dinner with you tonight as he has been caught up with some work."

Work means prostitutes.

"Though he has left some papers for you look over and to begin assigning workers to jobs for building the new hotel."

I nodded, excusing him. I laid back, drinking the glass of wine I had left for Dad. 

My day couldn't get any more shittier.