Chapter 2: Those Green eyes

It had already been two days since I had gotten into New York and classes had already started with a bang. I was currently sitting outside of the Drama Department building, I didn't have class until later in the afternoon. It was starting to become a habit to sit here and just strum on my guitar, Lupe and I had been working on a few more songs over the phone.

As I sat in my usual spot strumming on my guitar trying to work this melody out that had been stuck in my head since I left Texas. I knew that if I didn't get it work out soon that my mind was going to completely explode. I was pulled out of my thoughts, when there was this most beautiful laugh coming from somewhere around the courtyard. I quickly looked up searching where it was coming from when I see her, the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I looked down when I see her glance in my direction smiling, I finally look up when I see her still looking at me smiling. I smile back looking at her getting caught in most beautiful emerald eyes.

"Mav" I hear someone call out breaking my trance from her, I see my classmate and wave over towards them. I then quickly turn back towards where she once stood noticing that she was no longer there. I frown as I pack up my guitar looking around hoping to catch a glance at the green-eyed beauty, before I started heading to my class.

This had become a daily occurrence to see if I can catch glimpses of her, I had told Lupe about her and of course she would make fun of me. But yet she was so happy that I had shown interest in someone. Her plans had completely changed, she was now doing online classes so she could visit me more often, I had even convinced her to take some classes here with me.

Besides who could deny getting to take classes for free, living in New York for free, plus I am the best of part of being here.

Lupe had already been here a week helping me with a song about the emerald eyed beauty. We were currently waiting for her daily pass through, I still hadn't worked up the courage to even say a word to her. Yet her smile was something I always look forward to seeing before I had to go to class.

I was broken out of my trance when Lupe spoke, "Hey Mav, what about something like this?" she said as she passed over her journal that I had gotten her so long ago. I start to read aloud what she wrote

And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime

And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions

Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine

And I see forever in your eyes

I feel okay when I see you smile, smile

"Damn," I say looking over at her "How do you know exactly what I am trying to say?" I hand her the journal back. "You do realize people at some points thought we were either twins or dating," she said as she gave me a look "And it was just because we share the same birthday, and were pretty much attached at the hip in school."

"And this is why you are the smart one in this relationship" I say laughing before looking out for the green-eyed beauty. "Just because I am working on getting two different degrees from two separate schools at the same time probably doesn't make me the smart one." she says as she hits my shoulder.

"Here sing this as we tie it into the melody." I tell her as she starts to singing.

Lizzie Pov

I couldn't believe that a few weeks of school had already passed, I was on my way back to my dorm room, taking my usual stroll through the schools courtyard. I had been doing this since the second day of school, even more so when I saw blue eyes, I had been waiting to see if they were going to actually approach me or just keep staring at me.