Chapter 4: The Start

Lizzie Pov

I was currently getting ready Mav and Lupe had been playing at this dive bar downtown any chance they could.

Honestly they were starting to gain a following, the three of us always made sure to be there. Was I slightly getting jealous of the many... and I mean many girls throwing themselves at Mav.

I honestly refuse to answer the question, I mean it was better then getting ridiculed by the twins who absolutely knew.

"Lizzie are you almost ready? You do realize Mav is going to like you anyway that you dress." Mk said as she shouted down the hallway, it was easier to get ready at their place.

"I am coming." I yelled as I checked myself once more before heading out.

"Finally" Mk said as she got up from her seat as Ash followed suit.

"Y'know I still can't believe Lupe still wears the mascot head. I thought they would've gotten rid of it a while back." Mk said as she made her way out the door, Ashley and I laughing but completely agreeing with her statement.

———

It didn't take us too long to get the bar, my sisters trying to stay as hidden as possible. Which sometimes could or couldn't be possible, because especially when together so easily recognizable. 

"Are they nervous?" Ashley asked as we found a table that they had reserved for the three of us.

"I know Lupe was.... she told me the drummer that they got can't seem to keep up and she spends most of the time correcting him. But you know her she is a perfectionist." I said as the two nodded their head in agreement. "You know Mav just completely excited."

"What is going on everybody." The person in currently in charge said into the mic. "So we have a special night tonight. I have the band that is definitely up and coming. But we will soon see their names everywhere.... I give you Midnight Fire.

"How's it going y'all." Lupe said as they waved their hand in the air. "I am White Tiger, behind me is Maverick, Theo on drums and Colby to the right of me.  We are Midnight Fire."

The three of us cheering loudly as Lupe strums her first chord. The girls definitely going crazy as she sang the first note.

There's a place of Ocean Avenue
Where I used to sit and talk with you
We were both 16 and it felt so right
Sleepin' all day stayin' up all night
Stayin' up all night

There's a place on the corner of Cherry Street
We would walk on the beach in our bare feet
We were both 18 and it felt so right
Sleepin' all day stayin' up all night
Stayin' up all night

I watched as Mav moved across the stage, our eyes always seeming to catch anytime they would turn towards me.

My jaw slightly dropping as they made certain moves, especially with the tight pants that they wore.

"So as you probably could tell I am definitely not from here, but I am enjoying hanging out with y'all." Lupe stated as soon as they finished the song.

They played a few more songs, I knew Lupe she was going to end up throwing a Taylor Swift song into the set.

"What is it that you know Lizard?" Mk asked as Mav and I caught each others eyes a smirk appearing across their face.

"There is this bet going on, I honestly don't know the details I just know Lupe has to throw a Taylor song in there." I told my sisters who just shook their heads.

"Those two never know how to stop messing around. And Lizard if you don't wake up, that one might stop pinning after you." Mk told me as I bit my lip.

"Alright. This next song has been one of my favorites..." she said pausing before looking over at Mav " You can't be serious right now Mav."