Chapter 6: A New Normal

Mav Pov

It had been a few weeks since Lizzie to say that I missed that girl like crazy was an understatement. Although working with the new bandmates had seriously been keeping us busy, I mean more than you could imagine.

From: SMO1988@yahoo.com
To: LizzieOlsen2007@yahoo.com
Subject: I miss you

My Favorite Olsen,

Seriously missing you right now Olsen, just wanted to catch you up for the week. We haven't killed each other yet! Which in your eyes is probably a big improvement. We have a few more gigs that we have to get through, but they've pretty much said that it is a done deal with the label. Which we've had my parents lawyers completely look through it. Although I do think that Lupe is hiding someone, she is always in a hurry to go and check her emails, though she still hasn't told me a thing. Though knowing her she probably told you straight away! She has been pretty much writing so many songs for hopefully this new album. Though she has been working through this melody that apparently would be fun to do with Taylor.

Anyways I guess that is it for the update! I honestly felt like I rambled so much!

Love ya Liz

Mav

I gave it once again a once over, Lizzie and I had been just sending random updates when we could. Although I felt as though mine seemed to come more frequent than hers, but I figured because she was her program was supposed to be super intense.

"Hey Mav do you think you could read this?" Lupe said as she knocked on my door, bringing her journal in with her.

The pictures that you sent me, they're still livin' in my phone
I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone
And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around
It hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you moved on
It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long

My eyes began to look up from the journal, slightly pausing at what I am reading. She knows... she knows what happen between me and Celia.

It's like we never happened, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?
'Cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

If today I woke up with you right beside me
Like all of this was just some twisted dream
I'd hold you closer than I ever did before
And you'd never slip away
And you'd never hear me say

"When did you know?" I ask as I read the last part of the song, looking back at her.

"Since she was dating Josh.. I knew there was something going on, but knowing the two of you... I knew that you would want to keep whatever y'all had between the two of you." She said as I handed her the book back. "I could see the way that you were already hurting and I knew when you were ready you would tell me. I just couldn't help these thoughts and had to write them down, and it just became that."

"You know we meant to tell you, but with everything and then the fact that the whole accident happened.. it just never happened." I told her as she nodded her head.

"She could always be set in her ways... no matter with what she wanted.. it still wasn't right for her to do that to you. It's why you struggle with trying to take that chance with Lizzie huh?" She said as all I could do was nod my head in agreement.