Partner

A couple of weeks passed since the attack Aurora had endured, the war was getting worse and men kept being drafted. Aurora knew Steve wanted to fight but the poor man couldn't and she knew Bucky didn't exactly want to fight but if he had to he would. The thought of losing both of them ached if they both went to fight but knew it would help win the war with more soldiers aiding their side in this battle.

The brunette couldn't shake the feeling of being scared at night, even around parts she was familiar with and people she knew would help her if she needed it, didn't make her feel any better. Aurora avoided late night shifts, yet with the way things were, she only seemed to get more and despite feeling guilty, she got over herself and called Bucky each time who was more than happy to help.

Aurora tugged her coat further around her body, the weather was growing colder and harsher, yet with an elegant beauty about its terror. Aurora was reading a book in the local park, children were cheering and couples spoke lovingly together.

Bucky had gone for a walk, he stopped seeing the girl reading, she looked so engrossed in her novel that she had realised his presence.

"Hey, Ro." He whispered gently, not wanting to frighten her, she glanced at him worriedly for a moment and smiled realising it was him. Bucky sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her to keep her extra warm, she rested her head on his shoulder and finished reading her chapter before focusing on the man next to her.

"Buck, what are you doing here?" The girl whispered, the man rolled his eyes and kissed the girl's forehead, grabbed her hand in his and gave her a certain look.

"I saw you, I wanted to see what you were up to, how's the book?"

"It's good, on the last couple of pages." Bucky nodded, keeping an arm wrapped around her and let her finish the book. Once she was finished, she glanced at him with a smile and rested her chin in her palm. Aurora stared at the man curiously, there was something different about him today, she didn't know what it was but he brought a different feeling than he normally did.

Bucky walked hand in hand with the girl around the park, Aurora gasped excitedly as she noticed snowflakes falling from the sky. Aurora stared at the sky, grinning as the delicate designs graced their forms. The first snow was always gorgeous, Bucky watched her excitement for the weather and stood back to admire her.

The girl glanced at the man, blushing slightly at the look he gazed at her with, Bucky stepped forward to share his thoughts with her and found that the caring girl seemed to feel his worry behind his smile and stopped twirling in the snow to listen to his words.

"Buck, Is everything alright?" Her face scrunched up in worry, she glanced up at him curiously and waited patiently to hear what he had to say.

"Ro, I was hoping you'd join me for dinner tonight. Just you and I?" The girl stared at him curiously, a bright smile forming on her lips and she gave a teasing smile.

"Are you asking me on a date, James?" The man chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, his normal charming and bold smile replaced by a nervous smile. Aurora giggled quietly, not wanting to read too much into the simple offer.

"Yes, I am."

"I'd love to." The man gleamed happily, causing the brunette girl to giggle in response, Bucky felt his heart jump in happiness and butterflies form in his stomach as the brunette stared up at him.

The two went to their respective homes, Aurora got dressed up for the date, and then started waiting patiently for Bucky to arrive. The nerves were scaring her, she couldn't get used to being able to go on a date with a guy she knew was a good person and would treat her right.

Aurora jumped hearing a knock on the door, a smile formed on her lips, trying to give her a few more minutes to calm down she patted her dress down and walked to the door. A grin spread across her lips, Bucky stood awe-struck at her presence, and a blush coated her cheeks as she saw the flowers in his hand.

"These are for you." The girl whispered thank you, allowed him inside and placed the flowers in a vase. Bucky waited patiently, intrigued by her every movement and amused by the song that she hummed. Cheek to cheek - Fred Astaire

"Ready, Buck?"

"If you are, Ro." The girl nodded, grinning as he took her hand and started leading her outside. Aurora felt safe with Bucky, he made sure she was furthest away from the road, and that he gave any man who looked at her the wrong way a threatening look.

They had a nice dinner, filled with laughter and joy, the girl was happy with Bucky and this man made her feel like she was somebody special. That she wasn't an object or something that should be seen and not heard. After much debate about who should pay, they agreed to split the bill.

Aurora laughed as they walked out together, humming happily as Bucky happily followed behind her. Bucky held her hand, listening to her explain a work story that recently happened. He watched her hand gestures as she ranted and gave her anger away, finally taking a deep breath from her rant.

"Sorry." She mumbled, realising how much she carried on.

"Don't apologise, it's good to get that all off your chest," Bucky whispered, stepping to the side as he stopped moving, Aurora took his hand and giggled as he brought her into a hug. Bucky stared into her eyes, smiling gently as she stared into his and fiddled with his hands.

"You're beautiful." Aurora blushed, glancing away and giggling as he stated the words. James hummed happily, grasping her hand, and softly twirling her around. Bucky did the right thing in walking her to her door, the girl leant against it and stared at him with a curious gaze.

"Would you like to come in?" Bucky shook his head softly, holding the girl's hand gently, Aurora giggled as he rested his forehead on hers and listened to him hum the song she always hums. She hugged him goodnight, humming softly as his hold lingered slightly, she stepped away and thanked him for the evening.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ro."

"See you, Bucky."