Proposal

Two years had passed, the couple were inseparable, nothing could tear them apart and they were going stronger than anyone would expect. Aurora was worrying more and more every day. She feared Bucky would be taken from her, and drafted into the war, Steve's attempts were aching her heart, the poor man so badly wanted to fight in this war but due to his health and stature, he wasn't getting to where he wanted. Bucky understood why he kept trying but the constant need to keep trying, he didn't completely understand. Aurora, got a better job as a mechanic on aircraft, and with more men leaving women got the opportunity to step up and start working. It was nice, she didn't have to fear men treating her poorly and all the other women working were also very nice.

One day as Aurora was working in the factory, a group of military workers came down, grabbing everyone's attention. Aurora found herself out of view of the others, so she turned her attention back to the machine she was working on. Feeling a shadow lurking over her shoulder, she turned around to see who was watching her.

"May I help you, agent?" She questioned, staring at the taller woman, the brunette smiled at the tone the smaller one had and called over a few of the military workers. Aurora stared at them cautiously, not having any particular reason to be scared but finding the particular attention uncomfortable.

"Miss Williams, please come with me." Aurora complied, hoping that nothing bad had happened and everything would be okay. Aurora followed them to an empty room, staring at them as she searched the room for anything intimidating.

"Who are you? How do you know who I am?"

"Miss Williams, I am Agent Peggy Carter, I am a part of the Strategic Scientific Reserve and I would like for you to join the position." Aurora stared at Peggy like she had grown two heads, the accent wasn't fooling her and it didn't show some magical powers like she had seen many Americans fall under just because of the 'fancy' tone.

"What have I done that has made me stand out to catch your eye?" Peggy watched the girl for a moment, surveying her guarded stance and then took a look around the building.

"Your nursing capabilities, I have had inside eyes tell me that you would do much better than the qualified surgeons, it got you fired for the number of times you saved patients rather than incompetent men killing them. I think your knowledge would be quite impressive, and useful to the team. Do you have a partner?"

Aurora was a little uncomfortable with the question, yet nodded and then gained back her confidence. Peggy stared at the girl, waiting for a verbal answer that would help further prove her case.

"I do."

"Is he fighting in the war?"

"Not yet, I'm worried about when he'll be drafted. He has nothing against fighting, it's just not exactly what he wants to do. He wants a family, all that stuff. Look, I don't see why that matters, look... you seem very nice and like you walk all over the men because you're assertive and have dominance. So you don't have to worry about as many men treating you as if you're just a weak dame but I don't want that, I'm not working with mainly men when I would rather be here." Peggy nodded, relating to what she was saying but appreciated the determination that she didn't want to work in a male dominant field.

Aurora took a breath as she waited for Peggy to continue, the girl gave a tired smile, waiting to hear what else she needed to hear to get them to leave so she wouldn't have to deal with them anymore. Aurora crossed her arms across her chest, raising an eyebrow to hear what he had to say.

"This will keep you safe, you'll be under the protection of my agency and you will have financial support. I am sure you're smart enough to know that your job alone won't be enough to keep the place that you're living in once your partner goes." Aurora hated to admit it, yet she had a point, the girl nodded briefly and held out her hand.

"Alright, I'll join." Peggy smiled happily, she took her on a tour to the base, and the girl was amazed to see what she would be working in and got shown to the infirmary. It felt very high tech and there were things she had never seen before, Aurora started working immediately, getting to know her way around and making sure she knew about everything there was to know.

During the next couple of days, Aurora would come to the new work building, and help with certain procedures that happen frequently despite there not being many people needed to look after them. Aurora hummed softly, she was focused on working on memorising old procedures, wanting to get to the point where she knew it like the back of her hand.

"May I speak with you?" Aurora nodded, stopping her actions, and focusing on what Peggy had to say, Aurora was concerned by the look and turned her full attention to hear what she had to say.

"I think I should explain more about the SSR, we are a secret organisation which I am sure you know by now, President Roosevelt put this organisation together two years ago to aid the stop in the war. He knew eventually that America would be forced to join, so in preparation for that moment he created the SSR, there's another organisation that is very awful, called Hydra. We are set to..."

"Make sure they stop existing so they do no harm?" Peggy nodded, glad to see the other girl wasn't lost and still seemed pleased with the mission to help the others. Aurora knew the complications they'd end up facing, knew how experimental they were and what they end up facing in order to get to where they need to get to achieve their overall end goal.

Aurora made her way home, just looking forward to being with Bucky, she was looking forward to being in his arms and just relaxing from her day. Just one look at him made all her troubles disappear, made the world seem good again, Aurora took a deep breath as she walked into the apartment, looking around a little confused as rose petals decorated the floor and candles illuminated the rooms. She started following the petals to the bedroom, opening the door with even wider eyes as she saw what was inside. Bucky stood inside with a wide smile, she giggled and walked over to the girl, he cupped her face in his hands and placed gentle kisses on her lips.

Bucky stepped to the side, letting her look at the flowers he bought to decorate the room and the heart shape he made on the bed. The girl turned to him confused, loving the gesture but otherwise didn't understand what it was about. Aurora stared at the pretty flowers, giggling and seeing all of her favourite ones.

"Bucky, I love you and I love this but how come?" Her curious tone and eyes made his heart flutter, she took a deep breath and ran over to hug Bucky swooped her into his arms, smiling as she burrowed herself into his arms. Bucky placed a kiss on the top of her head, then slowly placed her down, Bucky kissed her lips and smiled as she blushed happily.

"Ro, I know that we have only been together for two years, but we've known each other for the majority of our lives and so we already know how well we are together. Doll, I love you, I don't want a moment to go by where I can't say that I love you every day, you hold my heart and you keep me grounded. I love you, I want to be able to say it for the rest of our lives. So, Aurora Williams, the girl who is constantly on my mind, will you marry me?"

Aurora stared at him in shock, he waited patiently as he knelt on one knee, waiting for her answer and smiled as the shock remained on her face. Aurora snapped out of her shock, she tackled him to the ground in a large hug, a giggle escaping her lips as he wrapped his arms around her waist and stared up at her as she straddled him and rested her hands on his chest. Bucky carefully placed the ring on her hand, briefly watched her as she stood up and finally pushed himself up to hold her in his arms, they were both so close to getting where they wanted to go and both were pleased with the way they were starting to go.