Defend

Aurora sat in a dingy room with Bucky, he once again watched the girl get beaten around for an hour or two, they left her in a puddle of cold water and soon brought in someone else after leaving them waiting for hours on end. 

"Rory?" Aurora's head shot up hearing the childish voice, tears brimmed in her eyes as she saw her sister for the first time in months, her sister ran to her and gave her a hug. Aurora cried into her shoulder, smiling as the little girl held her tightly and whispered things to her. 

"They haven't hurt you have they?" Aurora questioned, checking over the girl, making sure she didn't have any injuries. 

"No, Rory," Jessie whispered, placing a hand on her sister's face, the older girl hiccupped as the emotions got too real and to know that her sister... her baby sister wasn't injured or hurting. 

"What have they been doing to you, Jessie?" Aurora questioned, ignoring how cold she was, how only focus on her sister and the fact that she was still alive. 

"They keep me in a very clean room, they've taught me how to use a gun, they've given me stuff to do but other than that I'm just kept in there." Aurora held her tears back, they taught a nine-year-old to use a gun, and she was distorted by the reality.

"You know how to use a gun?" Aurora whimpered, staring at her sister in shock, the little girl nodded and took her sister's hands.

"You're hurting," Jessie observed, the older girl shook her head, rested a kiss on her sister's head and smiled. 

"No, I'm okay, you're okay." 

"Who's he?" Aurora turned to look at Bucky, he looked at the oldest girl and walked over, crouching down as he sat down next to her. Jessie stared at the older man, he looked damaged and broken. Jessie waved shyly, still having that child-like behaviour. 

"This is Bucky, I work with him, he's good," Aurora explained, watching as Bucky held out his hand and gave the smallest of smiles as Jessie high-fived it. 

"I missed you, Rory." 

"I missed you too." Aurora watched as Bucky stood up, the girl grabbed Jessie's hands and smiled happily at her sister. 

"Somnambul, let's go." The brunette shook her head, holding onto her little sister tightly, scared to let her go knowing she got her back. Aurora whimpered as she was grabbed by her shirt, and dragged across the room to the door. 

"Leave my sister alone!" Jessie shouted, raising a gun and shooting the unknown man in the head. Aurora pushed the body off of her, staring at her sister in shock but hid it as she walked over to the girl. 

"Give me that," Aurora demanded, not in a scolding way but as a way to keep her sister safe from any potential out lashes Hydra may have. Jessie placed the gun in her sister's hand, looking at Bucky seeing the sadder look in his eyes. 

"No! They're going to hurt you!" Jessie cried out, trying to grab back the gun so Aurora wouldn't take the blame. 

"You're nine. This shouldn't even be happening to you, I am not letting them hurt you, I am your sister and you need to listen to me." Jessie stopped trying, tears forming in her eyes as she was taken away from her sister and the doors shut behind her. 

"Aurora-" Bucky began, going to talk to her, and scold her for taking the blame instead of thinking of a different way to keep herself and her sister safe. 

"Bucky, I told you when we met, I'm doing whatever it takes to keep my sister safe." Aurora held the gun up teasingly at the man that walked into the room, showing him that she 'shot' the other guy and placed it on the ground as he neared her. 

Aurora struggled as she was led into another room, she shouted in pain as she was shot in the side, she groaned and crawled to a wall keeping pressing on her wound. Aurora tried pushing herself away as the man came back for her, she screamed out in pain as her arm was twisted behind her back, and she screamed even louder as she felt the snap of her bones and the hot sheering feeling never left. 

The brunette fell to the ground, her mind telling her not to do anything else but it seemed impossible, the man kicked her in the stomach, and the blood oozed out and splattered across the floor. A very shitty fix was done to her bullet wound but otherwise, it wasn't anything special, the girl fought against the man as he forced her head into a container of water. The girl gasped for air as her head was taken out, she glared at the man as a piece of duct tape was placed over her mouth, and wrapped around her hands and ankles. 

Aurora yelped through the tape as she was grabbed by her hair, dragged across the ground and thrown into a box. Aurora whimpered as the lid was closed and only streaks of light peaked through the holes. She let out a wince as she heard the click of a lock, a groan escaped her lips as she felt the box being carried somewhere, it dropped on the ground somewhere else and she was placed into what she assumed was a larger hole. 

For three days straight, ice-cold water would pour through the holes and land on her skin in three-hour periods and every nine hours boiling hot water would rain down on her. To top it off, whenever she wasn't doused in water, they would open her crate and throw a bunch of spiders in with her. 

Most died during the hot water spray, other than that she was left with a bunch of spiders. She was either left heaving from the shock of the cold water or squirming due to the boiling water, there was no in-between. She knew there would be permanent damage to her arm due to being kept in the same position for three days straight, she was never able to sleep, something was always keeping her awake. 

When Aurora was taken out, she was given mild medical care, merely a simple cast and a shitty sling. The brunette felt a weight being taken off her chest as she was taken back to her room, she never thought she would be this happy to see the jail cell she lived in. The brunette walked to her bed and hummed at the joy of comfort and turned to Bucky's room, in the hope that she would see him. 

Just as she thought of him, he walked into his room, he stared at her in shock and looked at her form. Bucky looked at the sling, he could see the change in her body from not gaining nutrients, she was weak and he didn't get how she was still fighting.