Farewell

"Bucky, it hurts." The girl whimpered, sobbing as he placed his hands on her belly to stop the bleeding. Bucky, kissed her forehead, knowing what would happen but didn't want to have to admit it. Bucky helped her sit up against a rock, smiling gently as he tried to comfort her into feeling better, he kissed her cheek and moved closer to further comfort her. James, stroked her hair, smiling softly at her and kept his hand on the wound, covering his hand in blood and dirt.

"I know, you're gonna be okay, I won't let anything bad happen... you're okay. You're okay." Bucky tried convincing her, tried reassuring her that they will get through this and that he will get some help. Aurora reached out to him, and he grabbed her hand, kissing it and giving her a sad look.

"Buck, there's no use lying, I know enough to know I'm going to die from infection. Even if we get the stick out and the bleeding to stop, it won't be enough. I would've already lost enough blood, we won't be able to help me in time." The man shook his head, in denial over what she was saying. Bucky kissed her forehead, placing both hands on her stomach and shaking his head.

"No, don't say that, we need to get married and continue our lives together. Ro, I'm not losing you, please..." Aurora, took a deep breath, staring at Bucky sadly and shook her head. Bucky sobbed, he couldn't understand the strength she mustered to be able to accept that she was going to die. Aurora placed her hand on his face, getting him to look at her, he shook his head and stared at the blood that hadn't stopped coating his hands.

"We will, just not in this lifetime, you and I will see each other soon. I know it deep down in my heart, you and I will meet again. Bucky, I love you, and I always will." Her breathing became more laboured, and her skin looked sickly, Aurora was close to death and Bucky didn't want to lose her but he trusted the girl and her weird ability to comfort him and to somehow be right with the most impossible things.

"I love you too, doll. More than you'll ever know, I love you." He kissed her, pulling her into his chest and letting her listen to the beat of his heart. Aurora smiled up at him, tears running from her eyes as she stared at the man she loved, Bucky caressed her cheek and started singing their song.

"Heaven, I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek."

Bucky grinned as she giggled, she coughed slightly and whimpered as the ache stayed constant with her. Bucky stared at her, frowning as he noticed how cold she was to the touch, the girl weakly gripped his shirt. James frowned at the look she carried, he pulled her closer to him and listened to her soft call.

"Bucky, it's okay, you're going to be okay. Just trust me, you and I will be reunited and after all the pain you'll feel. We'll be happy again. I promise, it's going to hurt for a long time but then we will have each other." Bucky nodded, he kissed her forehead and cradled her gently, he watched as her eyes started falling shut.

"No, stay with me, Ro... don't leave me. I love you. I can't do this without you." Aurora blew him a kiss, a tear running from her eyes as she felt the end coming closer. Aurora took a final breath, Bucky felt his entire world shatter around him, he sobbed and clutched the girl to him, crying as he lost the one girl that could make him happier.