Family

Aurora was glancing around the park, waiting to see everyone that was meant to be joining them, Bucky watched as the girl paced nervously and started doing her nervous habits whenever she felt too uncomfortable in a situation. Bucky pushed himself off, watching the spiral that she was dragging herself into, he grabbed her hands and pulled her into a warm embrace.

"Doll, stop, you're not doing yourself any favours, just take a deep breath and stop worrying." The girl huffed, refusing to meet his eyes, the girl denied any look he gave her and made sure he couldn't see her reaction as she spoke. Aurora knew what he'd say, knew what would come out of his mouth after she shared her worries, so she didn't know why she bothered to even worry.

"Buck, what if they don't like me as your girlfriend? What if they don't think I'm right for you?" Bucky cupped her face in his hands, staring into her eyes, just gazing into her eyes as a way to show that he wanted her to feel safe and comfortable. Aurora felt safer as he pulled her in for a hug, he held her until she felt safer and more comfortable dealing with meeting his family again as his girlfriend.

Bucky wrapped his arm around her waist, and she followed him to where his family was, the girl jumped as his mother pulled her into a hug. She hugged her back, smiling as the mother had a wide smile and gave the younger girl a knowing look.

"It's about time, I was wondering when he'd ask you out!" Bucky looked flustered as the girl giggled, moving to stand back next to him, Bucky wrapped an arm around her waist and whispered briefly into her ear.

"Breathe." A giggle escaped her lips, Bucky turned to one of his sisters, Aurora guessed it be his younger sister, the brunette girl stepped to the side as Bucky hugged his sister Rebecca. Then smiled as Bucky dragged her to see Rebecca, the younger girl stared at Aurora happily and then looked at Bucky curiously.

"You got the right one, I can tell she'll stick by you." Aurora turned away, hiding her awkwardness, making sure she kept smiling as her giddiness shined through. Bucky twirled her around, then started chatting with his family, happily showing his relationship off with the girl. After the little meeting, Bucky took Aurora to her old apartment, glancing around to see what they would bring over first and so began that packing.

After a very long two days, everything was sorted out, the girl now lived with Bucky at his place and she didn't have to work at a shitty job or rely on poor funds to keep herself safe. Bucky sat next to Aurora on their now shared bed, he wrapped an arm around her, smiling softly as she leaned into his touch and focused on the butterflies that formed in her stomach.

"Bucky?"

"Yes, doll?"

"Thank you for keeping me safe."

"You're my girl, why wouldn't I?" He watched the hesitation for a moment, Bucky could see the fear in her eyes, he grabbed her hands and stared into her eyes comfortingly.

"It's just, any other guy, I've tried being with... I wasn't a person, I wasn't someone they wanted to protect and each of their end games was the same. They only wanted me for one thing..." His heart ached to hear the confession, Aurora hummed in response as Bucky pulled her closer to his chest, he kissed her forehead and shook his head in disgust.

"I'd never do that to you, I'd never make you feel the way they made you feel. You hold my entire heart in your hands, doll, you are worth so much more than what they made you feel. I promise I'll never ever hurt you as they hurt you." He promised, latching his pinkie onto hers, the girl giggled at his actions, she kissed her thumb as he kissed his as they sealed their promise. Bucky started cooking dinner as Aurora finished unpacking a few more items that she could easily put away by herself.

Bucky grinned as music filled the room, he briefly watched as the girl danced around as she placed stuff away and finally sat down. Bucky plated the meals in front of her, he sat across and they enjoyed their meals together. The night fell quickly, they laid in bed together, both facing each other and latching their pinkies together as silence filled the room. The outside lights peaked through the blinds, and Bucky's eyes shimmered and twinkled with the occasional moonbeam.

"I'm happy you're here with me," Bucky whispered, smiling as the girl gave him a sleepy smile, she whispered back a response in agreement and then stared at Bucky curiously as he hesitated to wrap an arm around her.

"Are you okay with sharing a bed with me?" The girl blushed at the question, yet nodded at his words, she pecked his forehead and rested her forehead on his chest as he further brought her into his hold. Aurora started falling asleep, Bucky holding her in his arms, both finding a sense of peace as they fell asleep. Aurora woke up hearing the sound of running water, she sprawled out as she had the bed to herself and stared at the ceiling. Aurora squealed as Bucky swooped her into his arms, she giggled as he spun her around, securing her as she clutched onto him to avoid falling from his arms.

Bucky carefully placed her down, yet still kept her in his arms as they waited patiently for time to pass by. The brunette girl walked to the bathroom, showered afterwards and got dressed for the day as Bucky made breakfast. The girl walked behind him, wrapped her arms around his waist and hummed as Bucky's body provided a nice amount of comfort to her. Bucky turned around and placed a soft kiss on her lips before returning his attention to the meal he was making.

A few hours had passed since breakfast, Aurora sat happily on the couch reading as Bucky did chores around the apartment making sure items of hers were visible so she felt as if this was her apartment as well and not just his. Aurora hummed as Bucky sat under her, pulling her onto his lap and reading the book that she was reading.

Bucky turned over the page whenever she was ready, and the two both enjoyed reading, they read the Hobbit for the first time together and have since read it as many times as possible. In years to come, they knew how much this book would make it in the future. Aurora repositioned with her head on his lap and got him to read the words out and stroke her hair which was honestly too soothing and just the simple action made her so mushy inside it hurt. Aurora almost fell asleep to his soothing tone and actions, Bucky finished the chapter off and finally helped her sit up so she wouldn't struggle to sleep in the night.