Chapter 4: Drifting Soul

We all turn around and a 15-year-old-looking male wearing a bloody Gekoukan high uniform, with hair that has seen better days, and forever trembling hands covered in the same blood on the uniform staring at us with a sinister smile. Its bright yellow eyes stared us down like a predator with its prey from the bleachers. 

???: "You're running away again! Too afraid to lose someone else, aren't you!?"

Yu: "It's Y/N's shadow."

Chie: "What's with the clothes!?"

Without losing eye contact, my shadow jumps down from the bleachers and approaches me. 

Y/N: "Why do you look like that?"

Shadow Y/N: "Why wouldn't I!? This is the time you let your true desire out and showed it to the world!"

The Shadow does a spin causing the Gekoukan blazer to raise into the air revealing an evoker in a holster and a sword that could slice weaker shadows into pieces.

Shadow Y/N: "The day you got rid of him holding us back! Where we had control! Where we have the power of life and death in our hands! A power rightfully ours, that you've been holding back!"

Yosuke: "What the hell is he on about!?"

Y/N: "I held back because it is not in my jurisdiction to decide who gets to live and die!"

Shadow Y/N: "That's where you're wrong! That thought is why we lost her! The reason you forget! The reason you can't remember the one friend you made the last time you were here! Ain't that right Chie?"

He begins inching closer to Chie pointing his finger at her.

Shadow Y/N: "Surely you remember... Scratch that I know you remember. The way you look at him seeing if he remembers anything, but nothing. Always disappointed. I am right, am I not?"

Chie: "How the hell? Why's it matter to you anyway?"

Shadow Y/N: "What a shame. Clearly, you haven't got any smarter."

Chie: "Why you!"

Yu/Yosuke: "Chie!"

Chie began to rush at my shadow but was interrupted by Yu and Yosuke.

Y/N: "You said me holding back is why I lost my sister, the reason why I forget. How the hell does that have to do with losing my sister!?"

Shadow Y/N: "You could have saved her! If you took the initiative, you could have saved her, but instead, where is she!? Nobody fucking knows! If you could have done something then all of this mess wouldn't have happened. You can't even seize your own destiny! You know that you are using this situation for your own benefit. You don't give fuck about the murders! Deep down you know you are using your so-called friends as tools to help you!"

Y/N: "Shut up! That's not even, the half of it!"

Shadow Y/N: "But deep down, that is how you feel. You want that control. You crave that control. You want to feel that power of choice you have over someone's life!"

Y/N: "Shut up! I told you that's not even, the half of it!"

Shadow Y/N: "You make this so difficult."

The shadow withdraws the evoker out of its holster and unsheathed the replica of the Manado from his side. Noticing this I rush ahead extracting my sword from its confines, trying to prevent him from attacking the others in the room. As I got close the evoker was already up to his temple finger pressing down on the trigger causing this burst of energy coming out of him and knocking me down. I look up past his shoulder to see Hermes-mnÍmi standing charging an attack towards me.